xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dual Booting With Ndure3.1? & Lower Startup Fan Speed?  (Read 218 times)

stuntz0rZ

• Archived User
Dual Booting With Ndure3.1? & Lower Startup Fan Speed?
« on: February 02, 2020, 10:49:00 PM »

Just did a fresh install using hdm2.2 (usb) with Ndure-3.1.exe for the first time.

The startup fan speed was greatly increased after the xbox boot screen gets done loading how do i configure the ndure options to lower the speed? It's very loud

This post has been edited by stuntz0rZ: Yesterday, 07:14 AM

stuntz0rZ

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 12:56:00 AM »

I cannot figure out  problem #2 if my very life depended on it.
In the ndure3.1 installer there is an option for Dual boot with eject button. (ms dashboard) Both power and eject buttons both launch the XBMC dash. What the Heck! Is it my Kernel version 5530?
I can launch the ms dashboard within XBMC but why won't it work from the eject button? i tried to do this all day and never got any where!

Movax

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 01:39:00 AM »

Why would you want to boot to ms dash?

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=4110672

This post has been edited by Movax: Yesterday, 09:40 AM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 03:39:00 AM »

NDURE Toolset (E:\ndts\default.xbe) allows you to change the eject button boot behaviour - although, as Movax says, why would you want to?

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Yesterday, 11:40 AM

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 07:55:00 AM »

I'm interested in that comment about being able to boot the MS dash from XBMC. BTW I'm using XBMC as an app not the main dash.

Obviously you can launch the MS dash from XBMC File Manager but for a long time (just for the hell of it really) I've been wanting to find a way of enabling a direct boot option to it from XBMC Programs just like the other other dashes I have as apps. But there appears to be no simple way of doing this.  

I've thought about doing something sneaky. Using one of those other app dashes I have but rarely use (Avalaunch) and replacing the .xbe etc so it boots to the MS dash instead. It should be possible, I have an alternative UnleashX version available in this way but surely there is a better method for XBMC.    

As said it's not an important matter but if somebody can explain how to do it properly, if possible, I'd appreciate it.

Movax

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 08:17:00 AM »

Look in the settings for XBMC, there is a 'default dash' setting somewhere. Click the right thumbstick to launch that dash. EDIT: It is under Settings -> Programs  -> Dashboard

This post has been edited by Movax: Yesterday, 05:01 PM

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 11:36:00 AM »

I think I know exactly what you mean - XBMC > Settings > Programs > General : Use Custom Dashboard Path - Dashboard?

If so I've had that pointing at my MS dash on all my machines to no apparent effect for years. I#ve never been certain what that was for. If all it was is not knowing that a right stick click would enable it I'm going to slap myself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Yay! I'm almost glad to say it doesn't work!

Right clicking just brings up the XBMC Shutdown bar as normal - no MS dash. Restart just brings up my main UnleashX dash and Shutdown does just that. I've tried using another .xbe for the MS dash, the one in my Backup folder rather than the post softmod renamed one, msdash.xbe, and still no joy.

The thing is in the main menu Programs > programs my v.4.4 AID installed XBMC by default lists two odd "programs" not shown by any other dash app list:- MS Dash (Modchip or Virtual C) and MS Dash (Softmod). You'd have thought they were shortcuts as the file size shown is 0.2kB and 0.1kB respectively. But if you A click on either - nothing. I've just tried click the right thumbstick over them too - again only the shutdown menu appears.

Could it be an issue with the version I'm using: XBMC 9.04-SVN (Dec. 2008) - if so no way to fix it until I get broadband?

Movax

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 12:18:00 PM »

I think what it shows in the shutdown menu depends on the skin or skin settings. I use JX 720. (Obviously the best skin.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) )

I don't know about the other stuff...except 2008? Time to update.

This post has been edited by Movax: Yesterday, 08:20 PM

stuntz0rZ

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 12:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Mar 9 2012, 11:39 AM) *

NDURE Toolset (E:\ndts\default.xbe) allows you to change the eject button boot behaviour - although, as Movax says, why would you want to?

the ndure toolset tray options does nothing. also, when launching ms dash from the unleeashx menu it says "xb0xdash.xbe" not found. lol im thinking to just forget this and just keep xbmc as dash. the reason i wanted to get it to work is because not everyone in my household knows how to use xbmc

Movax

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 01:32:00 PM »

What functionality does ms dash offer them that they can't get from xbmc?

stuntz0rZ

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 09:28:00 PM »

I think they aren't too well at adapting to change. I finally did set it up. Decided not to use ndure3.1.exe this time around. Instead used sid5.1 with mech assault game save exploit. now i don't have that fan spinning at insane loud speed. Thanks!

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 11:13:00 PM »

Always good to hear somebody has solved a problem.

Sorry to hijack the thread again but you didn't say how you have the MS dash working (assuming it still is) from XBMC. I'd very much like to know how the option is provided ie. is it launched via a shortcut in Progams menu or by some other method? If it is launched from a shortcut I'd appreciate a description of the contents/layout of your XBMC > shortcuts folder.  

I have found a way of getting it working myself and I think it is partially correct but it bypasses the two shortcuts and the Xbox image that is obviously meant to appear whilst the MS dash is loading. So it can't be the intended method.

What I did was copy my MS dash .xbe (msdash.xbe) from the C:\drive into XBMC's shortcuts folder using File Manager. The main menu Programs > Programs list inow shows an additional item: Xbox Dashboard as the last item underneath the two shortcuts I described earlier. It works just by (A) clicking on it.

Now the fact it recognises the .xbe (or an .xbe in the shortcuts folder) as being the Xbox Dashboard surely suggests that this is partly what you're meant to do. But it can't be the whole story - the shortcut(s) etc must have a purpose.

Currently my XBMC > shortcuts folder looks like this:-

MS Dash (Modchip or Virtual C).cut
MS Dash (Modchip or Virtual C).tbn
MS Dash (Softmod).cut
MS Dash (Softmod).tbn
msdash.xbe

Does anyone here know how it is actually intended to work and whilst we're at it why there is a differentiation between the shortcuts required for Softmod and Modchip or Virtual C set machines?