xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Aladdin Xt Plus 2  (Read 349 times)

Marcheslav

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt Plus 2
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 05:09:00 AM »

Bt is grounded

Marcheslav

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt Plus 2
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 12:54:00 AM »

I am trying this with a duox2gs that I have and I think it is a problem with d0. Because when I connect it to any ground it frags. I have tried both top and bottom side points and it still frags. I also tested the gs in a 1.6 and it booted to the flashbios side just fine

I tried a topside d0 here is a close up:
http://dl.dropbox.co...0201_000625.jpg

Here is a few of the top:
http://dl.dropbox.co...0201_000616.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.co...0201_000542.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.co...0201_000512.jpg

Movax

• Recovered User
Aladdin Xt Plus 2
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »

A grounded d0 forces the xbox to boot from the LPC port (modchip). If it frags, it means something is wrong with the chip install. Double check your soldering.

Marcheslav

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt Plus 2
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »

Eh just want to get the chip to work cuz 5 bucks is a good deal. tongue.gif It isn't crucial for this chip to work. Just doing it for the deal and for the fun. biggrin.gif

johnney5

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt Plus 2
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 09:50:00 AM »

I'm having trouble with this chip as well (also from DealExtreme).

One thing I noticed is that they shipped the chip with 12 pins in the pinheader, yet the install instructions show only 11 pins being soldered in...

I'm not using a pinheader (attempting quicksolder) and I noticed that this pic: http://www.llamma.co.../aladdin/v1.jpg shows 8 quicksolder points, yet the chip I was sent has 9 points, so I'm very confused as to what to do.

I tried soldering all 9 points first (I used wires) + d0 which ended with the chip's LED lighting up, but the Xbox FRAG'd. Next I snipped the wire going to the solder point not seen in the other install image I linked to --- now it just frags, the LED on the chip is off.

Personally, I think that the chip wasn't shipped flashed. If it's not that, it's the fact that I can't find proper install instructions (Even if I do use the pinheader, will I need to pull one of the pins out?  huh.gif )

edit: by the way I'm doing the "always enabled" mode like this: http://www.llamma.co...in/detailXT.jpg

johnney5

• Archived User
Aladdin Xt Plus 2
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(MrMajst3r @ Jul 19 2012, 06:58 PM) View Post

Aladdins from Deal Extreme aren't pre-flashed.
You have to flash BIOS on another chip, or use hotflash method.

IPB Image

Well that would explain a lot! Someone left a review on one of them saying that it does come flashed:

-You have to updrage the bios flashed in this modchip ( it comes with xevo, and you should upgrade to xecuter2 bios )

It doesn't say that it's flashed anywhere in the product description, so after what you said, I'm going to assume that it isn't flashed. I looked over my job and everything looks properly soldered.

I have a chip installed by pinheader on another Xbox --- once that Xbox is booted w/ it's chip, the d0 doesn't have to be connected to the Aladdin to do a hotswap flash, right?

I appreciate your help.

Movax

• Recovered User
Aladdin Xt Plus 2
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(johnney5 @ Jul 20 2012, 01:45 PM) View Post

... that Xbox is booted w/ it's chip, the d0 doesn't have to be connected to the Aladdin to do a hotswap flash, right?

No.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Aladdin Xt Plus 2
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 02:14:00 PM »

im deleting all this till i read the whole thread.
seems a very old thread.

ok..

i have some chips from deal extreme, they all came with some ancient version of m8+ bios. it boots ok on all systems, but needs re flashing as it dosent have LBA support.

You dont mention what version xbox you have..

im assuming its a 1.6, if it is a 1.6 are you using the lpc rebuild.
if not which diagram are you using for the wire rebuild (i prefer wire rebuild to the lpc rebuild boards)
some of those diagrams are basically wrong. and are usually missing a wire.

i dont like the quick solder method when it comes to chips simply because its not quick.
its also a good idea to check over the quik solder area on the chips as some of them come bridge and need a bit of cleaning up 1st.

My advice with quick solder is.
add a little solder to the pin holes you will be using.
then add a little solder to the quick solder pads on the chip.
line it up and use a thin soldering iron tip to heat up the pin hole solder and the pad solder at the same time so they flow together. after you have done that.
indvidualy heat up the pin hole solder and then dab a TINY amount of solder in there so it makes a better connection. "you really dont need much"

AFTER you have quick solderd the chip in place. flip the board over and do the wire rebuild. Do it 1 wire at a time and make sue you put them in the right place. you can thread the do wire through a free lpc hole and solder that in place. on the board.
cut it short so you can connect it to the chip but dont have yards of lose wire.

Solder BT to ground. or pin 2 like the diagram shows. and the chip is always on.

Then it really should boot.
if you still get a frag when the chip is on, you could have a soler bridge from the quick solder. or sne of the pads arent connecting properly.
If you diod a wire rebuild then check that.
and if your using a lpc rebuild board. ditch it. It makes it dificult to verify each of the points are solderd properly.
Pages: 1 [2]