xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do I Make Custom Thumbnails Display On Xbmc?  (Read 212 times)

jrl2222

• Archived User
How Do I Make Custom Thumbnails Display On Xbmc?
« on: July 27, 2011, 07:28:00 AM »

creating a.jpg file named folder.jpg should work for pics I think, however if the folder has already created its own thumb you will have to delete that thumb first. If the folder.jpg doesn't work try to rename the file to folder.tbn, it is still a .jpg just with an extension change. For movies it has to be MovieName.tbn. For music I know for sure it is folder.jpg. Never made my own Thumbs for pictures but it should work the same as the others.

Nextelhalo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 02:55:00 PM »

From what i understand XBMC looks for "folder.jpg" to generate thumbnails for everything. So you would need to find the thumb you want, put it in the root folder and name it "folder.jpg". If the picture has not changed you'll need to delete the pre-existing thumb by going into filemananager and delete the proper folder. You will find it in XBMC/userdata/thumbnails. Delete the appropriate folder, might be games/pictures/programs.

spliff721

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 11:41:00 PM »

in my experience naming a picture "cover.jpg" works as well. at least it does for my music library.

Terry_Bogard

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(spliff721 @ Jul 28 2011, 06:41 AM) View Post

in my experience naming a picture "cover.jpg" works as well. at least it does for my music library.

Awesome! Will keep that in mind when I get around to My Music.