xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc Script  (Read 106 times)

spliff721

• Archived User
Xbmc Script
« on: April 12, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »

I've got an idea for a project. But I need a script that can give music. When playing in xbmc the grainy sound you would get when playing vinyl records.
I know close to nothing about the scripting features of  xbmc. So this may not even be possible, or may just be more complicated than I know.

worldwhore3

• Archived User
Xbmc Script
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 05:03:00 AM »

i don't think anyone even writesscripts designed for xbox xbmc anymore, personally.

likely, you'll have to edit your tracks on a PC in audacity or some other music editing program to add the effect directly into the track.

curiously, are you thinking of using an xbox for "scratching" of mp3's or DJ'ing otherwise?

spliff721

• Archived User
Xbmc Script
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »

no, not scratchin. i am putting together a jukebox for my old man. i want to put like 3 decades of music on it. my old man is a record guy. so i thought it would be cool if there was a way to add that grainy sound you get when playing vinyl.

also i am looking around for an old 45 player that i can seemlesly attach to the top of the XBOX. it wont be functional, but id like to see if i can power the turn table so when playing music, it looks like your playing from a record. maybe put som LEDs under the turntable so it has a feel like those old mini jukeboxes you used to find at diners.

Movax

• Recovered User
Xbmc Script
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »

Scripts add interface enhancements generally. What you are looking for is probably possible with a DLL audio plugin. I don't know if what you want can be done without compiling your own DLL.

spliff721

• Archived User
Xbmc Script
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 03:30:00 PM »

Can you point me in the direction of some reading that will get me started?
I actually know almost nothing about writing code. Just thought it would put my project over the top if I could give the music a grainy sound. I'm actually suprised noone else has put something like this together.

Movax

• Recovered User
Xbmc Script
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »

Best bet would be to ask on the xbmc.org forums. http://forum.xbmc.org/

sadmemories20

• Archived User
Xbmc Script
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »

likely, you'll have to edit your tracks on a PC in audacity or some other music editing program to add the effect directly into the track.