xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Xbox 1 Error 13 Help Very Urgent  (Read 139 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Need Xbox 1 Error 13 Help Very Urgent
« on: April 10, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »

Try booting HeXEn 0.99B11-22 from DVD-R and use it to restore the dash.

If the Xbox is softmodded and you can't boot a rescue disc or do a hotswap then your only choice is to restore Halo 2 or another new live enabled game to restore the dash to stock, then use a Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave softmod.

GARRYB

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 07:10:00 AM »

now guys iam stuck with error 16? i was so busy searching for a solution that i actually forgot to visit here so now im stuck please help what can i do now to get out of error 16?

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »

I don't suppose you have an eeprom backup, do you?

Cylide

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »

Your only real ways to ghet out of this involve either flashing your bios (Gonna assume this is a bit above you though) or finding another Xbox/Friend with a modded box. From here: http://forums.afterd...view.cfm/210562

1. There are some bios'es around that allow the chip to boot past the clocksetting. (do a search!). So how do you get that bios on your chip because you cant boot to a flash program or something? Well you need to have an external flasher.

It seems the m8 bios will take care for you of booting past the clocksetting. Or use the latest Xecutor bios

2. This is the more easy and newbie friendly strategy
-Get a friend with a modded xbox.
-Unlock his hdd with eeprom management from a slayer evo-x cd.
-Than, place his hdd in your xbox.
-Boot with your chip on.
-Now the xbox DOES find a dashboard when you boot in original mode and you can set the time in the msdashboard clock settings.
-Shut off xbox and remove your friends hdd
-PLace his hdd back in his xbox and lock it again
-Install your hdd
-(clock has been set) So boot up with slayer cd.
-Install normally whatever you wanna install
-lock hdd

GARRYB

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »

isnt there any solderless chip which will allow me to get past this error.

Cylide

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »

I dont think flashing is the same as soldering but not not really. What I posted is the only way you're gonna fix it. Sorry bud. Be more careful in future!

GARRYB

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »

so can you recommend me some cheap external flasher??

Cylide

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »

Nope, sorry. I have no idea about flashing bios stuff. I use hard drive swapping and save uploads an stuff to softmod my stuff. Much more reliable really.

I'm sure you can find some info around here though. Personally I'd suggest the other method but that's, like, just what i'm more personally inclined to.

Or just throw your current box out and start again. I donno man you're backed into a corner a little here.

Edit: Actually I'm kinda wondering if either of those methods would work without an EEEPROM. I don't really know. never went down that route and always made sure I had plenty of EEEPROM back ups. It just makes it so you cant really fuck up at all if you have one.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(GARRYB @ Apr 11 2011, 01:22 PM) View Post

isnt there any solderless chip which will allow me to get past this error.

any solderless chip will work for you, but they can be costly

have you tried hotswapping? or booting a live-enabled game as Heimdall suggested?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 03:59:00 AM »

Fitting a chip is definitely not the only solution, and the method Cylide suggested presumes that your Xbox is chipped flashed, and unless it's flashed with a very old BIOS then I doubt that. So, let's start with some basics - you need to confirm how the Xbox is modded. As I said, Error 16 would suggest that it's a softmod, but it could be a chip/TSOP with an old BIOS.

It doesn't make any real difference to the method you use to fix the problem - hotswap is the obvious first step, but how the Xbox is modded affects the detail of what you do once you've hotswapped.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 05:26:00 AM »

I'm sure this won't work, but can you boot a genuine game disc? If you can then you could use Halo 2 (or a later live-enabled game) to restore the MS Dash, then use a gamesave softmod (Krayzie 1.1.1) to remod your Xbox.

If not then you need to hotswap and use Kingroach NDURE 3.1 and xboxhdm to redo your softmod (see the link in my signature).

If you don't want to hotswap then you could build an eeprom reader and use the eeprom, Kingroach and xboxhdm to redo your softmod (again, links in my signature).

Finally, you could install a chip.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 07:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 12 2011, 04:26 AM) View Post

I'm sure this won't work, but can you boot a genuine game disc? If you can then you could use Halo 2 (or a later live-enabled game) to restore the MS Dash, then use a gamesave softmod (Krayzie 1.1.1) to remod your Xbox.

i wasnt thinking all the way last night, youre right this would not work for error 16 (but would have worked with the original error 13 when you first suggested it)