xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Just Trying To Get A Couple Things Straight  (Read 244 times)

Cylide

• Archived User
Just Trying To Get A Couple Things Straight
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »

Aaaand problem solves. For anyone with a similer issue to me, try loading the drive full of saves. I have no idea why but by filling the device, it worked perfectly everywhere.

Thanks so much everyone! You guys all rule so much.

Cylide

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 03:34:00 PM »

One quick thing and I swear I'll stop bugging you guys.

So I followes some tutorials and ripped my copy of Metal Wolf Chaos, throw the files on my box and it doesnt work. Crashes as soon as it tries to load a stage. My copy of Marvel V Campcom works fine though. Tried using the regular disc but no luck at all. Anyone got any ideas on this? I doubt the Dash drops an error log anywhere?

spliff721

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 03:38:00 PM »

Py SSome games have copy right protection. Did you use DVD2BOX to rip it to the box?

Cylide

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 06:54:00 AM »

Tried making it an ISO with Craxtion. Xbox just sees drive as Empty. Hm.

Tried patching, extracting the ISO I made, repacking it, and now it works up until I start playing. Then I walk forward or whatever and it crashes.

Gonna test a bunch more games and see if I can work it out but until then, does anyone run into this? Seems like a hard drive issue personally

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »

I assume it is an original retail copy of MWC and you're not having the same problem with any other games.

It's probably a specific game issue so unless you can find somebody here who has ripped it succcessfully using DVD2Xbox you may not get any useful help.

Cylide

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 08:12:00 AM »

I actually fixed it just now!

Seems like it was an audio file making it go nutty. Reripped the game, replaced the audio file with a blank track and hey presto, it works.

(I dont have any sound on one menu but thats p much it)

Ok, looks like I'm done here!  Thanks alot again for all your help guys. next up: New hard drive. Which I already have the tuts for thanks to you cool dudes.

Cylide

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 05:06:00 AM »

Basically yes. And a lot of trial and error. I just kinda guessed it was a music file and tested those first because if it wasn't something simple like that then basically I was screwed. Blind Optimism!

Now I'm stuck trying to get the multigame booter thing to work in Craxtion4. Just getting black screens no matter what, could be the media I guess but I've had backed up images running of these DVDs. Looks like I'll have to invest in a bigger hard drive sooner rather than later.

Cylide

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 05:29:00 AM »

Actually speaking of which, lemme quickly run down what needs to be done to ready a hard drive to put it in the xbox.

I get that XBOXHDM, burn that to a bootable disc (making sure to include my EEPROM on the disc, and the contents of my C part ion) plug in my new hard drive, boot to xboxhdm, hit Generate HD Key for locking, Unlock the hard drive(? not sure about this step.) then "Build a New Hard Drive" then "Rebuild C Drive", followed by building the F Drive. Then I lock the hard drive, replace my current one with this new Hard drive and presto Change-o it works?

How big does the hard drive have to be before I have to use the special partitioner tool things?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 07:19:00 AM »

Your method isn't riight. Read the link in my signature "Build a new softmod disk with eeprom" for details of how to do it.

You need to use XBPartitioner 1.1 if either of the F or G partitions is larger than 256 GB.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »

You don't need Slayers, and you certainly don't use it. You need a source for the stock 5960 MS dash files - Slayers / AID / CASH or HeXEn. NDURE 3.1 doesn't install Evox. You don't use your C drive, and the post doesn't even imply that you might.

Yes, you backup skins, emulators etc. and FTP them to your new disk after installation. Yes, you can always reinstall your original disk.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »

No, you need to use Google. Just Google HeXEn 0.99B11-22. You'll need Qwix to extract the stock files from the iso.

spliff721

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 05:14:00 PM »

check out xboxhdm 2.2.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=728316

check out post 4 here, should get you where you need to go

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »

Sorry spliff721, but that won't work. He's building a new disk, not softmodding an existing disk. On that basis he doesn't need to hotswap, and he needs to select option 1 - Build a new Xbox HD from scratch. Once that has finished he has to select option 2 - Rebuild C partition on existing Xbox drive. Then he needs to lock the disk.

spliff721

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »

sometimes i forget that that tutorial is for a virgin mod. when i get home later i might rewrite it up for those looking to upgrade

so cylide, there are a few steps that you will want to do different.

you can follow the build USB part and you will be fine up till there.

i am using my phone to write this at the moment, so its not practiacal to rewrite the tutorial now. ill get back to this in a couple hours.

Cylide

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 08:06:00 AM »

Hey guys, managed to figure it out in the end.

Ended up just replacing my whole C with an Ndure hack cause I was having problems otherwise. Boots fine and I'm transfering my back up over now.
Pages: 1 [2]