xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Just Wonderin  (Read 79 times)

worldwhore3

• Archived User
Just Wonderin
« on: March 13, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »

is there a softmod that doesnt break the ability to play your music in games?

i.e.
is there a way to softmod the box which does not take away playing music off of the hard drive in games like vice city?

spliff721

• Archived User
Just Wonderin
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 01:19:00 AM »

i dont think that its the softmod that takes that ability away. i think instead its a matter of where your music i stored now that your softmoded. think about it, you keep all your music in a music folder somewhere on your HDD. i.e E:\music or F:\music. when the box was original and you would burn your music to the box, you were burning into your UDATA folder. what im not clear on, is if the music burned straight into the UDATA folder, or into a subfolder called music or whatever. im going to test it out but using M$dash to copy a CD to the HDD.

EDIT:
so i burned 2 albums to the HDD with M$ dash. it burnt them as .WMA files in E:\TDATA\FFFE0000\MUSIC
it created a folder for each album inside caleed 001 and 002. i then went to play San Andreas from my HDD and my user music played just fine.
the next question is... can we just burn MP3s to this music folder or do they need to be .WMAs. also do we need to keep to the filename sceem and name my next album 003 or not.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Just Wonderin
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 03:46:00 AM »

WMA, and not only do you have to keep the same naming scheme but you have to rip them with MS Dash because it puts the relevant entries in a database on the hard drive.

worldwhore3

• Archived User
Just Wonderin
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »

i found a MS music DB editor on demonoid last night ~  this might help in creating playlists somehow?