xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Glad I Found These Forums  (Read 53 times)

Weirdjerz3y

• Archived User
Glad I Found These Forums
« on: November 20, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »

Well you can buy a mod-chip or Softmod, If your good with an iron, to me installing a modchip is better, cause its easy to upgrade the Hd anytime you want, and once installed, you dont have to worry about it. Softmod, you need a memory card and 007 under fire,  or a hotswapping method, and you need to make sure the hd is locked, and set up the same way(anybody correct me itf im wrong). I have a modchip in mine an never had a problem, and it has XBMC which everything you want to do, i got my games, movies, check the weather, and such.

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »

Out of that list, the only thing the X-Box won't handle is video recording. It doesn't have a video input socket on it and you can't install one. Running XBMC on the system will let you do pretty much everything else, though it'll struggle with many modern video encodes due to the age of the hardware (eg, HD video is a bit much for it).

You can either install a larger HDD in the console, or set up a NAS of some sort and stream everything over your local network.

Weirdjerz3y

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 12:43:00 AM »

I like to use modchipcentral.com, since their shipping only takes a few days for me, and i always ordered from them and never had a problem. modsupplier.com is also really good, but it might take from 5days-12days to ship depending on where you are, same with modchipcentral. The DuoX2 is the best one and its cheap, but modchipcentral only has Duox3, they used to have duox2, i guess dont get it anymore, but even though the duxo3 is a fake, i heard it works pretty well. I have a super aladdin live, which is a fake but i had it for 3 years with no problem at all, i flashed it many times and no problems. I can everything you want to do such as dvd on a hd, all my music, and i can copy my games onto the hd. I have a 320GB in mine. Never had a problem.

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 03:38:00 AM »

Softmodding is worth keeping in mind. Once you've got the process down, you can mod as many machines as you like without using any consumable parts - that is to say, you don't need to order/install any modchips, and you get much the same results.

Softmodding via a game save exploit takes all of five minutes and you don't even need to open the console. Just plug in a USB drive, copy a hacked save file to the HDD, and load it with one of three certain game discs. The tricky bit is getting the gear to load the save onto the console (and perhaps locating a compatible game), though once you have them...

There's also this method, which carries a slight risk to your hardware but requires next to no special tools.

Weirdjerz3y

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »

we for $20 you can buy a chip, their easy to install, and just put any hd in the xbox, my has a 320Gb like i said, and my friend had a extra 500Gb so he used that, to bad it mostly empty, since he doesnt use is xbox that much. But yeah, which ever you chose softmod or modchip or tsop flash if you can.