xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Black Screen... What Do I Do?  (Read 26 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Black Screen... What Do I Do?
« on: October 14, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »

If you boot to a black screen, what is the colour of the LED?

Do you know which softmod was used?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 04:22:00 AM »

That's good news.

You now need to work out which softmod you have. The easiest way is to contact the seller and ask them.

If that doesn't work, start the Xbox with 007: AUF in the DVD drive. When you get to the load game screen DO NOT select load game but start a New one. Then when you reached the actual game (after the cutscene with the helicopter), hit the Start Button and select Quit Game. Then go back to the Main Menu, Load Game screen and this time select "Load Game". Load the gamesave, and it should give you the softmod install screen.

Don't select any options, just post back with a list of the menu items you see, any names on the background, and any screensaver text that appears.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 05:09:00 AM »

You can only load saves from the HDD. It sounds as though your 007 game maybe isn't exploitable - you can compare it with this post just to confirm.

In the meantime, get hold of a copy of Frosty's Rescue Disc. Burn it to DVD-R, cold boot with it, and post back with a list of the folders in the root of the C and E partitions.

IronOx81

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 05:26:00 AM »

Damn, my 007 actually is a Classics-edition (PAL-counterpart of Platinum I guess). I just noticed because the classics-logo is only on the disc itself... box and manual seem to be from the original release. :/ This sucks because the seller has explicity given me the game for the purpose of softmodding myself if I need to.

I´ll try to get that Frosty's Rescue Disc now anyway.