xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Transfer Music From Ipod To Xbox?  (Read 65 times)

kloan

• Archived User
Transfer Music From Ipod To Xbox?
« on: December 09, 2004, 10:35:00 PM »

I'm trying to transfer my music directly from my iPod to my Xbox, since my PC hd is too small to handle them. Problem is, when I copy them over, they display by the filenames as they would show up in the ipod_control folder.. instead of displaying them with the ID3 info..

So, is there a way I can configure it to list all of the music alphabetically, by artist, album, etc.. with the current ID3 tags, and even have a folder for each artist, etc?

I've only tried the Media Player so far, not the Media Center..

kloan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 10:54:00 PM »

sorry, nevermind.. figured it out (duhhh, turn on ID3...)

kloan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 11:37:00 PM »

huh, doesn't seem to work very well.. most of the tracks still have numbers appearing in front of the names.. anyone know how i can fix this?

i tried xbmc as well, and id3 doesnt seem to work at all..

iNfErNaL666

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 06:14:00 AM »

well hopefully the songs on ur ipod were on ur computer but an easier way is to use Virtual Xbox and it transfers the songs striaght to ur box if not well im not sure how else u couldve done it cuz thats the easiest way i can think of.

SkateorDie

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »

whoa whoa whoa
you can interface your ipod with XBMC.... could you trnasfer music to you ipod from xbmc... please tell me what you guys are doing here.

iNfErNaL666

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 06:21:00 AM »

no becuase your xbox doesnt have a usb/firewall adapter so thats why if you connect your xbox to your pc then u can transfer songs my man u need to get VXCD i think thats what its called but other than that u need to connect it to the computer.