xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error Code 13 Dashboard Could Not Be Launched  (Read 155 times)

1hotjob

• Archived User
Error Code 13 Dashboard Could Not Be Launched
« on: July 19, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »

You can try FTPing the stock C and E drives over to see if it will boot with the chip off.

It could be a malfunction that made you lose everything.

Try leaving some room on the E drive. You need room for cache files.

boob1966

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »

use Auto installer deluxe 4.02 to rebuild hard drive then try

Raymonte

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »

Thanks, I'll give it a shot with my existing drive. If it doesn't work, can I use it to set up a new HDD in there (I found a backup with the factory HDD key on my computer), or do I still have to do it the hard way? This way

Raymonte

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 07:05:00 PM »

I can't get Slayers v4.02 to boot on my XBox. I tried DVD-R, DVD-RW and CD-RW. Anyway, I found my old copy of Slayers v2.5 and it boots up. When I rebuild or format my retail drive it just flies through the process and nothing actually happens. So, I popped in a 40 gig and selected "format large HDD". It seems to be doing something but it's been hung up on "Writing config sector" for a long time (5-10 min as of right now). Is this supposed to take a long time? I can't find any estimated time to format or rebuild a drive in any of the forums.

Thanks

Raymonte

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Raymonte @ Jul 25 2007, 02:41 AM) View Post

I can't get Slayers v4.02 to boot on my XBox.
Thanks

Sorry, that's Auto Installer v4.02.

Anyway, it seems that I can't write to anything. I tried two 40gig drives and a 10 gig drive. All are used but working. Currently I have my Slayers 2.5 booted up and I have a 10 gig drive in there. When I look at the drive with FlashFXP it shows empty folders C/D/E/F/G/X/Y/Z (D shows the contents of the disc of course). I can't transfer anything to the drive from my computer and I can't use Slayers 2.5 to format or copy a new dashboard, etc.

This all started while playing Surreal64, nothing out of the ordinary, the XBox froze and it hasn't worked since. Why can't I write to any drive connected?

Raymonte

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »

Well, I think this thing is all done, I even tried this video tutorial but I get an error from Xplorer360 that says it can't find a FATX drive.

The HDD is running, I can hear it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Raymonte

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 12:48:00 AM »

You have formatted the drive?
I take it these drives you have tried are not new?
You need to now fit a  brand new drive

Raymonte

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »

Should I just start over from scratch with a new XBox? It can't read/write to anything I put in there so I'm led to believe that the XBox itself is the problem. But, since all the HDD's I tried were used from old computers, maybe I need to use a brand new drive like Chancer suggested. I never formatted the drives that I tried, the tutorial I read said there was no need to format a new drive. Maybe I mis-understood the tutorial and it means I don't have to pre-format the C/E/F/G/X/Y/Z partitions.

Frustrating,

Any reply would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Ray

commandersafi

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »

You MUST format the drive, otherwise it wouldnt be in FATX File system (which is what xboxs' use)

commandersafi

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »

You shouldnt have to format it in your computer

put in your slayers disk along with the hard drive your going to be using and format it with the option of larger hard drive (If your putting in a stock HDD, then select the option for stock HDD's)

Raymonte

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »

Thanks for all the assistance guys, I'm picking up a new HDD on the way home from work tomorrow. I'll reply back with the results.

Two last questions before I put it in.

1) Just to clarify, I don't need my retail drive connected when I start up with Slayer's. I can connect the new drive and then power on the XBox with both the Slayers disc and the new HDD in there, right?

2) Can I break the 137 GB barrier with my Matrix modchip?

Thanks again, you guys kick ass!

Ray