xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Query: Xbox Hdd Upgrade With A Western Digital Drive  (Read 40 times)

thetargetarcher

• Archived User
Query: Xbox Hdd Upgrade With A Western Digital Drive
« on: May 16, 2007, 12:00:00 PM »

Hi,

I have got a Western Digital WD1600JB-00REA0 160GB hard drive and have copied the xboxhdm iso file to a cdrw.

The above hard drive has the following jumper settings:

Cable Select
Single (no jumper used)
Master
Slave

Is using the Single setting the same as Master Primary?  The online manual states to use this setting if it is the only connected hard drive.  

Should I use the Single setting or put the jumper in the Master setting (it says to do this for dual hdd) for when I boot my PC to prepare the drive for use with my Xbox?

Do I use the Single setting or the Master setting when I go to place the new WD drive in my Xbox?

I am confused whether 'Single' is the same as 'Master Primary' and whether Xboxhdm and the Xbox will accept the hard drive in the 'Single' setting.  I don't want to mess anything up!

I would be grateful if other Xbox users who have used an WD HDD could shed some light on this matter.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by thetargetarcher: May 16 2007, 07:01 PM

thetargetarcher

• Archived User
Query: Xbox Hdd Upgrade With A Western Digital Drive
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »

Managed to find a web page after lots of searching which stated that the 'single' setting is equivalent to primary master.

The master slave setting seems the one to use for when 2 drives are connected.