xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Accidentally Erased Evox, What Now?  (Read 452 times)

anarchymymind

• Archived User
Accidentally Erased Evox, What Now?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »

Bump, Im begging here guys

Devin

anarchymymind

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 05:54:00 PM »

Is there anywhere on this site that it is ok to sell or trade systems? i was not able to get this thing working and wanted to see if I could pass it along to someone a little more knowledgeable. Thanks

Devin

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »

You can sell it or trade it here.
http://forums.xbox-s...hp?showforum=12
However, I think you can fix this problem, put it in the closet for a few days and try again when your head has cooled.

If your DVD Drive is not reading the disk you made it could be any of a number of problems. I can list them now or wait till you're ready. If you can get this disk to be recognized by your Xbox, you are home free.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »

Although presenting another angle here, you've got an FTP server on the chip and can FTP into it and just put the dash files back into C: root.

No need to kill yourself over boot discs if you're really having that much trouble burning them.

chocolatecheese

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »

yea, in this case, it is much easier to just ftp into the box using the modchip bios
then you just copy the evox files into the C: directory

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 03:51:00 PM »

Make sure you have good media that is compatible with your drive.

Usually neither CD-R nor DVD+R work. You would need to use a CD-RW or a DVD-R. Of course there are exceptions to the rule in all regards, depending on your drive. If you are using a certain type and it doesn't work, change it up.

FTP is pretty easy too. We can help you with that if you like.

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 05:29:00 PM »

the xenium OS will not boot from a media to actually boot from a disc.  it will only flash a bios from a disc. you will need a dash in order to run the media. therefore you will have to FTP in and put the dash back in and then run the A.I.

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(anarchymymind @ Feb 16 2007, 07:49 AM) View Post

Ok, well Im up for trying this then, i got nothing to lose. Do you guys have anywhere I could find a good walkthrough with pics on how to ftp and do all the file transfers and such? And also what other software will I need to get this done. AmI going to have to find a copy of Evox out there or is it on the Slayers or AID disc I already have? I know this is a really long thread, but i appreciate this.

Devin

the iceguide or spiceguide in my sig has a tut for connecting the xbox to the PC. then it is just like navigating through folders and drives (as you would for C drive on your PC) once connected in a FTP program.

anarchymymind

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 07:26:00 AM »

I have Falshfxp and Im ready to go, but it looks like Imight run into an issue not being able to find out what the IP address is for the Xbox. Any thoughts on how to get this given my newest predicament? before I was at least able to get into the menu screen but now its just the error screen after trying to reboot several times.

Devin

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »

try powering on with the eject button to bring you to the Xenium OS. then you an FTP through that. the iceguide will also tell you to how to set up the FTP sever through the XOS.

what are you trying to boot into (what bios) when the error 5 occurred?

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »

in flashFXP go to option>>preferences (or you can press F6)>>under connection you should see "proxy". click on proxy and make sure "Passive mode" is disabled.

get back to the XOS check under the launch menu you should see your bios listed there.

the only error 5 i know of is when you are booting into the retail bios and that is when your HDD is unlocked. on  a modded bios it doesnt matter.

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »

if you have nothing in the launch menu then you have no bios on the chip. when you press the power button what comes up?

xman954

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 08:28:00 AM »

if you getting error 5 then the chip is not active
if it should be then check your conections

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2007, 08:31:00 AM »

it is active and the connections are good since he got to the XOS. he just doesnt have a modded bios on there yet.

the question i asked earlier was already stated. you get an error 5 when powering on with the power button. go into the XOS and hit 'disk tools'. and see if it says "lock HDD" or "unlock HDD".

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »

yes you need a bios on there to unleash the full compatibilities of the chip.

the xbins guide in my sig should get you started. get the X2 5035 bios. and once you get it use the iceguide to flash the chip.

make sure you read my edit i put in my last post and report back.
Pages: 1 [2] 3