xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmp Trouble Playing Video File On Dvd Data Disc's  (Read 125 times)

CordeliaCC

• Archived User
Xbmp Trouble Playing Video File On Dvd Data Disc's
« on: July 08, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »

hmm, anyone here know why my xbmp/c doesnt like to play video files burned on a data dvdr? like it shows the file names and such when i put in the dvd and load it up, but when you press play it takes like 30mins to load the first file, and then even longer for the files after that. BTW: It's not meant to be played as a DVD w/ vobs, it's individual .avi files.

I know my xbox will play dvd-rs since it plays dvd-r games.

Any ideas?

This post has been edited by CordeliaCC: Jul 8 2004, 08:08 PM <

jay_2005

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 11:38:00 PM »

Got a similiar problem, i have a DVD with video files on, when it tries to play files some work fine, whilst others take ages to load, and then there is a wave graphic played instead. Ive also found that some vidoes when selected, actually load other videos on the disc but maybe 1/2 way through the video?  <

CordeliaCC

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »

It's strange:

I got some help and had a few ideas of my own.

1. Maybe it's a Cache thing? I dont know how that type of things run on xboxs, but, im running on the factory 8gb system with evo-x running. Maybe when burned i should try and seperate each video file in a seperate folder? I dont know...

2. Somone told me to try RecordNow and burn as a UDF. I was using Nero 6 previously.

Ill give these a try later.  <

jay_2005

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 11:48:00 PM »

I installed the latest version of Xbox media Center to see if it worked with the files on the DVD, and it didnt even display them when accessing the DVD. What it did do though was run the first file, when the DVD was inserted? Strange.  <

jacks

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »

I do this all the time and they work 100%,

I burn up to 6 divx, xvid, svcds, vcd, etc... onto one DVDr in UDF/ISO format, if the player plays wave screen instead of movie, i.e u have sound but no Pic that prob means that the codec used for movie is not support by player (this happens in Media player on PC aswell), the issue of it seeing all titles but not playing some at all or maybe playing a certain amount of film is prob the Size issue of 2 gig which xbmp had at one point (get last build this will solve this issue)

Jacks
 <

jacks

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »

I do this all the time and they work 100%,

I burn up to 6 divx, xvid, svcds, vcd, etc... onto one DVDr in UDF/ISO format, if the player plays wave screen instead of movie, i.e u have sound but no Pic that prob means that the codec used for movie is not support by player (this happens in Media player on PC aswell), the issue of it seeing all titles but not playing some at all or maybe playing a certain amount of film is prob the Size issue of 2 gig which xbmp had at one point (get last build this will solve this issue)

Jacks
:ph34r:   <

jay_2005

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 05:46:00 AM »

Are the codecs free to get, ie I mean not copyrighted and illegal etc?

This post has been edited by jay_2005: Jul 15 2004, 12:47 PM <

punqewe

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 06:14:00 AM »

turn down/off the cashe  <

Sesshomaru

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 02:18:00 AM »

I'm not sure but maybe...if the DVD were in xbox format (xiso) then it may read it better.  I know a PSX emulator for Xbox won't read discs that aren't X-DVDs.  You shouldn't have a problem streaming the (*.avi) files from the DVD drive on your computer to the xbox through XBMC.  Try that and let me know how it goes.  <

tx3000

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2004, 01:49:00 AM »

I'm going to post this in every single topic on every single page of this forum.

I was told by people on this site no one will be answering any questions about XBMP anymore because this site doesn't support it anymore.
So what's the deal here. If your going to answer these peole then i should also have mine answered as well.
So what are we doing here, are we answering questions or not?
 <