xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is This Possible?  (Read 147 times)

Slacker Master

• Archived User
Is This Possible?
« on: June 10, 2006, 12:33:00 PM »

I softmodded my Xbox, and my DVD drive won't read any of my burnt CD-R's.  So, my question is, is it possible to FTP music from my comouter, in WMA format, so that it will play the music I upload to it when playing games?  

I know that the Xbox, when unmodded, stores music in E:\TDATA\fffe0000\music, and I tried to upload my music in there (creating a new folder to hold my playlist of uploaded, WMA music), but it's still only playing the music I had on the hard drive from before I softmodded my Xbox.

So, basically, I want to be able to listen to my uploaded music when playing games when, usually, it would just play the music I've downloaded from a CD.  But, is this possible, and if so, how?

Thanks,
~Slacker  ph34r.gif

sofa king dumb

• Archived User
Is This Possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »

use XBOX Soundtrack Editor v0.97
edit ^ beat me to it

Slacker Master

• Archived User
Is This Possible?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »

Ok, I'll look into it, thanks.

Slacker Master

• Archived User
Is This Possible?
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »

It's not working at all, when I press connect it says it's connected, but then says "Error: Can't find XBOX soundtrack information" but there are 2 soundtracks already on the Xbox (that were out there b4 I moded the Xbox).  What's up?  blink.gif

total noob

• Archived User
Is This Possible?
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 03:51:00 PM »

ok man first off does your dvd drive (when it ejects) have 2 little holes on either side of the ovaly thing in the middle???

and it does not matter wat format of music it is as long as you have xbmc and dont bother putting music into tdata jus put it in a music folder(unless u wana play live).

and with ftp you have to have set up your nic properly i can help if you tell me how u have your xbox connected 2 ur pc (through router etc.)

Slacker Master

• Archived User
Is This Possible?
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 04:22:00 PM »

Tip: read people's posts before making a reply.  You've completely missed what it is I'm trying to do.  I'm not such a total noob to technology in general that I don't know how to freakin copy a CD to my Xbox.  

I'm trying to put music onto my Xbox (that doesn't read my burnt CD-R's, and it's a Samsung DVD drive btw) so that I can listen to my music while playing games, like San Andreas.

Slacker Master

• Archived User
Is This Possible?
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »

Does anyone know why Xbox Soundtrack Editor keepy saying "Can't find sountrack information" after connecting, even though there are 2 CD's on the hard drive from before I modded it?

Slacker Master

• Archived User
Is This Possible?
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 07:46:00 PM »

Yep, it's annoying actually cuz both soundtracks are of the same band, and I don't listen to them a whole lot anymore, so yea.  

I wonder why Soundtrack Editor is doing that to me?

Neilor

• Archived User
Is This Possible?
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 08:11:00 PM »

Samsung won't read CD-R.... in fact I think it's only the odd Philips drive that will read a CD-R.... the possbile reason the Soundtrack editor isn't working may be dashboard related... if your using Evox try an Avalaunch, XBMC, or UnleashX.... you just need to run them as applications... don't go messing with your default dashboard... it's not necessary.

Slacker Master

• Archived User
Is This Possible?
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »

I am using UnleashX, and I know Samsung won't read the CD-R's.  I'd like to get a different DVD drive, from Newegg or something, but I don't remember which exact models could work, after being modded, for the Xbox.  I'll look that up later tho.  As for now, I have no idea why Soundtrack Editor isn't working, cuz I am using UnleashX and there are 2 soundtracks on my Xbox that I had copied to it using the M$ dash b4 I modded my Xbox.  What the #$%@!?!?  grr.gif