xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Error 16 And Xboxhdm  (Read 640 times)

xXxCocoFangxXx

• Archived User
Error 16 And Xboxhdm
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »

I can boot Splinter Cell.

What would still be the best way to fix this problem and get the Xbox Working again?

xXxCocoFangxXx

• Archived User
Error 16 And Xboxhdm
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »

This is just a continuation of the other topic I made. That other one was getting too big.

Anyways, I can boot Splinter Cell, but since I deleted the Softmod saves off my Xbox I can't just try to Re-Install the Softmod again.

So what is the best way to fix the problem and get the Xbox working back to normal again? I prefer to know the easiest way to fix the Xbox and the quickest.

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
Error 16 And Xboxhdm
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »

when you boot SC, can you goto load game and run linux?

BigSteel

• Archived User
Error 16 And Xboxhdm
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »

If you can boot any burned disks, then use an autoinstaller/boot disc to gain FTP access to fix your problem.  Much easier then hotswapping.

Chancer

• Archived User
Error 16 And Xboxhdm
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »

Topics merged.
Do not make 3 threads on the exact same thing. Next time the duplicates get locked and only the original one left. You also really do not want another strike on your account looking at it.

xXxCocoFangxXx

• Archived User
Error 16 And Xboxhdm
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(BigSteel @ Jun 2 2006, 09:56 PM) View Post

If you can boot any burned disks, then use an autoinstaller/boot disc to gain FTP access to fix your problem.  Much easier then hotswapping.

So if I burn a game onto a DVD-R I can use an Auto-Installer? Which Auto-Installer do I use?

Don't I also have to get a special DVD-R that can fit a whole game on it. The biggest DVD's I have seen were almost 5 gigs and I Need like 7.

BigSteel

• Archived User
Error 16 And Xboxhdm
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »

Do a search on google for "Auto Installer Deluxe".  Download that and burn it to DVD and see if you can boot that.

xXxCocoFangxXx

• Archived User
Error 16 And Xboxhdm
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2006, 09:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(BigSteel @ Jun 3 2006, 03:36 AM) View Post

Do a search on google for "Auto Installer Deluxe".  Download that and burn it to DVD and see if you can boot that.

What will that do?

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
Error 16 And Xboxhdm
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2006, 05:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(xXxCocoFangxXx @ Jun 2 2006, 11:57 PM) View Post

What will that do?

i suggest you do some reading and not just "tell me how to do this stuff"
if you get into modding with little to no knowledge of what you are actually doing, you will end up exactly where you are.
people are definately here to help, but you should get some general understanding of the stuff you are doing.
an auto installer will boot the xbox to a "program" that will allow you to install, edit, and ftp to your pc.
once you gain ftp access, you should be golden.  then you can transfer the exploit gamesaves and save your eeprom to your computer.  also, you might be able to replace the dashboard files that you are missing and that is causing all of your troubles.

BY THE WAY, GOOGLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND, if you see a term or application that you don't understand, do a google search.

xXxCocoFangxXx

• Archived User
Error 16 And Xboxhdm
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »

I will do some more searching and learning more tuts.

Chancer

• Archived User
Error 16 And Xboxhdm
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2006, 11:50:00 AM »

Personally reading your responses to suggestions, I would take the box for someone to fix. It seems like a lot of this good advice is not sinking in.
Its not defeat to drop the box to someone in the know who can sort this for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]