xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: [uk] Flashed Xenon (lt 1.9) F/s  (Read 143 times)

Khaine

• Archived User
[uk] Flashed Xenon (lt 1.9) F/s
« on: July 10, 2011, 11:02:00 AM »

Alright, I'm getting rid of a Xenon that I bought being told it had RROD and I was hoping it was JTAG'able. Unfortunately it wasn't... it had Dash 8955 and the supposed RROD was just a bad A/V cable! (all 4 sections lit up).

So, here's the pics of the console.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

As you can see, it is in reasonable condition on the exterior. The drive is a Sammy MS28 and I have tested it with originals (good condition and badly scratched) and backups (three different types of disc, one can be seen in the pics). It loads up games nice and fast, plus it's pretty quiet!

When I got the console, I found a few things that I feel I should mention. One, the console was full of dust... and I mean I had to take heatsinks off and clean them out with artist brushes because they were that clogged!

Two, the original DVD drive was completely shot. It was an MS28 and I had a spare kicking around at home... not only was the laser covered in dust and the tracks completely blocked, but it seemed the controller board had been hit with a soldering iron! As such, the drive was stuck in vendor mode, so I got the key off it and just replaced it.

Three, the clips holding the case together are badly damaged. You can't really see this from the exterior (2nd last photo I believe), but at least it means taking the console apart is pretty easy if you ever wanted to! There is a "repaired" sticker inside it, stating the console was repaired in 2009. I'm -assuming- it had an RROD repair as the GPU heatsink was swapped for a 2nd gen, but I cannot prove that... it played Halo 3 ODST fine for hours anyway!

Four, you have to press and hold the eject button for a couple of seconds to make the drive eject. Same to make the tray go back in. Doesn't bother me personally, but I figured it could be annoying for someone else. Drive opens and closes fine from the dashboard... it almost seems like this is in place to stop someone knocking eject and spitting the disc out mid-game... but that's just me.

As I said, only a few minor things, but I like to be as honest as possible. The console is in good condition on the exterior, which you can see in the photos. It is not banned from LIVE... I used the network connection test to confirm that. Dashboard 13146 is already installed, so MS shouldn't need to reflash the sammy drive!

Looking for £40 inc P&P within the UK. This is for the console only, no PSU (since the one that came with it was knackered) or A/V cable (again, it was knackered). Could be an ideal console for someone who wants to replace their dead one, or just keep a spare around!

EDIT: Quickly adding that the backup game shown in the photo's is not included! It is there to try and show the drive will boot it, nothing more. tongue.gif

Khaine

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »

Bump.

Should probably add I'm taking PayPal payments on this, and I'll drop the price to £30 if you want to collect from Liverpool... or I can drop it off if you live within an hour of me and can't get here.

eBay profile is here: http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Hopefully that should add a little piece of mind to the transaction. smile.gif

Khaine

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 04:19:00 PM »

And bump!

Khaine

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »

Bump again! Apparently I forgot to do that over the past couple of days.

Khaine

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 05:38:00 AM »

Bump.

Khaine

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 09:45:00 AM »

And bump!

I've also got a fully boxed (even if the box is a bit tatty) 360 to sell now too. Should have more details about that soon... I just need to test it's new DVD drive a little more first.

Khaine

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »

Bump!

Probably going to put this on eBay towards the end of the week if I don't get any takers.

Khaine

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »

Bump!

This console has now been updated to Dashboard 13599. iXtreme 1.9 is still on the Sammy drive, backups and originals still boot (AP2.5 originals work, tested with my Fable III original disc) and the console still has access to LIVE.

Obviously this is still a "take online at your own risk" item, so please bear that in mind.

Khaine

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »

And bump again.

Khaine

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »

Bump!

Couple more days and it's going on eBay, in-case anyone is holding out for a bargain.

Khaine

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »

Wow. I let this drop down the pages a bit!

Bump.