xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hard Drrive Doesnt Want To Budge  (Read 111 times)

cyfi

• Archived User
Hard Drrive Doesnt Want To Budge
« on: March 21, 2005, 12:14:00 AM »

ok well i jut assembled my xbox and i have a softmodded hard drive and when i boot up with no disk it does the whole xbox intro screen thing and then when it shows the x and says xbox under it, it does nothing. i tried booting with a disc in and it booted the disc but other times did nothing at all. and sometimes i also got error 13 a few times, whats going on?
EDIT i have a HDD activity light and after it does the intro the light turns off and does nothing

This post has been edited by cyfi: Mar 21 2005, 08:24 AM

cyfi

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 01:51:00 AM »

Service Error 13
Info: Dashboard launch failed (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.
Solution: Lock the Harddisk if not done so or try one of the 4 different MS Dashboard versions.
Related topic(s) on X111.com: "XBox: Service Error 13" , "XBox: Service Error 13 / Removing EvoX"

Service Error 14
Info: Error loading dashboard (dashboard generic error).
Solution: Replace the current dashboard with a new dashboard because the old one is probably dead.
Related topic(s) on X111.com: "XBox: Service Error 14"

i get 13 when i dont put a game in and wait a the xbox screen for like 5 mins and i get 14 when i put a game  or dvd in and wait 5 mins. it says the solution up there but how do i do it if i cant even load my dash?

SICKdimension

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 02:15:00 AM »

Maybe the softmodding or newbie forums will help you more. Softmodding problems isn't classified as case modding.