xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dash Doesn't Load.  (Read 204 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Dash Doesn't Load.
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »

Yes.

eitsuop

• Archived User
Dash Doesn't Load.
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »

Should the hard drive be set to Master/ Slave/ Cable Select when I attempt to hot swap?
Or will this even make a difference?

In my C: drive, there are two files which I'm not sure of.
I was looking at different 5960 dash downloads, and they did not have these two files included with the dash.

"XBox Book.xtf and Xbox.xtf"

Should I keep these or are these files left over from a softmod?

eitsuop

• Archived User
Dash Doesn't Load.
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 04:06:00 PM »

After many reinstalls, still nothing.
And I can't get xplorer 360 to open the drive. Does it need to be locked or unlocked, when I boot into windows?
It says "Couldn't find FATX drive".. Is it possible that the drive didn't get formatted to FATX during XBHDM?
(I Highly Doubt this!)

I can save gamesaves to the HDD, and they stay there after I reboot the xbox, and they work too.
So does this mean the drive is working partially, except for the C: drive, with all the dash files are located?

I'm almost certain it's the software in the C: folder. (Although I receive error 21 without Ndure...?)
Could someone please open their C: folder and tell me whats supposed to be in there..

(It is definetely NOT the HDD, I have tried many others with the exact result.)

Thanks for all the help, as always.

eitsuop

• Archived User
Dash Doesn't Load.
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 05:17:00 PM »

All these files are included with the 5960 dash, that I downloaded, in this order.

Audio
fonts
xboxdashdata.185ead00
xodash
XBox Book.xtf
Xbox.xtf
xboxdash.xbe

It seems like these should be the correct files.
Is there any special way of transferring these to USB / HDM / C?

I just select them all, copy, then paste, in that folder.

Is that somehow corrupting files or something?
Do they need to go in a special order?

Heimdall

• Archived User
Dash Doesn't Load.
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »

Stock dash - transfer in any order. Softmod files - transfer the fonts in the correct order, as described in the Kingroach manual.

Obviously the disk needs to be unlocked for Xplorer360 to read it.......... sleep.gif

Either remove the lock with xboxhdm, or temporarily unlock with hotswap.

If you have the gamesaves on there then just grab a post 2004 live-enabled game (Halo 2 or later) and start to log into live. If you're lucky it will update the dash, then once that's done you can remove Halo 2, reboot, run your exploitable game, and do a gamesave softmod.

Alternatively you could run the exploitable game, trigger the softmod installer BUT DON'T START THE INSTALLATION, then use FTP to delete the contents of the C partition and replace them with a clean 5960 dash, then run the softmod installer.

eitsuop

• Archived User
Dash Doesn't Load.
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 05:46:00 PM »

scullc- Yep, I followed that exact guide.

Heimdall- I unlocked it before, but xplorer360 didn't recognize it. That's why I asked.
(Should you let the bios recognize the drive or not?)

I already put a clean 5960 Dash on the new HDD. Splinter Cell freezes when I select the "Linux" gamesave.
(It is correct gamesave, I used it on my original HDD. But, it should boot to unleashX with NDURE installed, anyways.)

So I'm not sure where to go from here.
I will read the Kingroach Manual, Transfer the softmod files in correct order, and get back to you after that.

BTW, I will be on Vacation from tomorrow. (7 days I will be gone)
So please don't lock or delete the thread because I don't answer back.

eitsuop

• Archived User
Dash Doesn't Load.
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »

Heimdall, I read the manual and it says:

"Copy the created "ndure" folder to "xboxhdm/linux" folder",

This is obviously instructions for XBHDM v1.9, but that's not the point.
It doesn't specify how to move font files.

Could you tell me what order to move these font files, because I don't believe it said in the manual.

( Just to clarify up.. XBHDM V1.9 doesn't seem to work on Windows 7, thats why I used 2.2.
Also, I can't use Chimp because My old drive is broken.)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Dash Doesn't Load.
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »

You're reading the wrong bit of the manual. Page 3, paragraph 5.

eitsuop

• Archived User
Dash Doesn't Load.
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »

The only .pdf I received with Ndure 3.1 is called "Ndure installer 3.1"

Page 3, paragraph 5 describes "uploading to xbox", and I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Dash Doesn't Load.
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »

ok, before you do anything crazy i will just point out a few fundimentals..

1. A eeprom from a diferent xbox will not work..  The eeprom has to come from the xbox you are softmodding.

2. Unlocking a hard drive can be done in a couple of ways.

(a.) Hotswap. "force error 12 on the xbox."
Details.
To hot swap forcing an error 12 on the xbox you open the xbopx and dissconnect the yellow cable from the dvd player (the power thing not its ide) The hard disk is still attached to the xbox's ide cable You turn on the xbox and it says error 12. you then remove the xbox's ide cable from the xbox's hard diosk, the power cable is still attached to the hard disk. The hard disk is now unlocked aslong as the xbox is still on.
You can only transfer files to the hard disk whilst it is unlocked.
 (hot swap unlocking is not permenant unless something goes hidiousy wrong)

(b.) Use a eeprom, If you have the eeprom.bin file or have made/bought a eeprom reader you can use the eeprom data to unlock the hard disk using xboxhdm.  
  (if you unlock using xboxhdm it is unlocked untill you relock it with xboxhdm)

---------

File transfer.

(xbox hard disk is usualy set to PRIMARY MASTER, thats the 1st hard disk on the 1st ide cable)

you can transfer files via xboxhdm You would need to make a linux iso using the tool to make a disk but you must 1st place the correct files in the C and E folders.
If you are using the hotswap methos then you dont use xboxhdm to re-lock the drive because it was not permenantly unlocked.
The hard drive will be locked again when you return it to your xbox. Reconnect it to the xbox's IDE cable, and Finaly restart the xbox.

or

you can use xplorer360 to transfer files to the drive in windows.

The xbox hard drive can be primary slave or secondary master or promary master or secondary slave for this. Just make sure jumpers are correct for which ide channel you are using ans what the other jumpers in your system are set 2...

-------
PC jumper settings.

on any given IDE channel you have a possibility of 2 drives. Master and slave..

If 1 is set to master, the other "on that same ide cable" has to be set to slave. so in one computer with 2 ide slots you can have 2 masters and 2 slaves..

If 1 driveis set to cable select BOTH drives have to be set to cable select..
You can't have 1 cable select and 1 slave or master..

----------
PC Bios detection.

If you want to lock and unlock yor hard drive then you do not wantyour bios to detect it
Some bioses will let you state "none" or similar for hard disk attached to any given channel. This will make the bios not detect it.
If your bios does not have the option to select none in the bios config then you have to wait for the bios to finish detecting your hard drives and move on to the next screen before connecting the xbox hard disk to the pc's ide.

-----------

Break down of the term hotswap..

HOTSWAP = Removing the IDE cable from the hard drive whilst the hard drive is still being powerd and used by the system, and Placing it in to a diferent system.

HOT = Still reciving power and is in use.
Swap = The process of switchin the system it is located in.

-=Edit=-
Sorry about the typo's its after 1am here so i wont be fixing them.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Dash Doesn't Load.
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(eitsuop @ Jul 11 2011, 01:38 AM) View Post

The only .pdf I received with Ndure 3.1 is called "Ndure installer 3.1"

Page 3, paragraph 5 describes "uploading to xbox", and I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean.
That's exactly what I mean.

eitsuop

• Archived User
Dash Doesn't Load.
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »

Shambles- I simply followed everything on this tutorial.

http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4792717

The "terminal" type thing in xbhdm always told me that the unlocking was succesful.
Also, it was succesful at locking the drive.

I didn't seem to have any error codes, ever. Everything seemed to be successful.

The eeprom I used is from the xbox I am softmodding.

I understand how to unlock/ lock a HDD using xbhdm and my eeprom.

I have made the linux "type thing" on a bootable usb, as xbhdm 2.2 requests. (Works fine, I Get to the GUI)

To not let my bios detect it, I just plug in the HDD after post.

I have had troubles with xplorer360.
I unlock my drive with my eeprom and xbhdm, reboot computer,boot to windows and xplorer360 always says "Fatx drive not found".

I'm not sure why this is.

I am going to make videos of the files on my usb, and commands I run in Linux, so it can clarify some things.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Dash Doesn't Load.
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »

is your xbox soft moded already and does that boot correctly in to unleash/evox or whatever you use as a main dashbard?
if that boots correctly just ftp the files from that one to your pc then use those files to make the xboxhdm thingy to upgrade your hard disk.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Dash Doesn't Load.
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2011, 08:06:00 PM »

If you can get the disk to lock and unlock, and you can copy a gamesave to the Xbox with xboxhdm, then you should be fine. Copy a new, clean Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave to E:\UDATA\ using xbrowser, taking care to put the numbered folder (or two folders for Splinter Cell) directly below the UDATA folder. Boot your exploitable game (make sure it is exploitable), load the gamesave, then do as I suggested a few posts earlier - FTP a clean dash to C before you start the gamesave installer.

eitsuop

• Archived User
Dash Doesn't Load.
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2011, 08:33:00 PM »

I have tried that already.
I got the game save onto the HDD, but Splinter Cell freezes every time I chose the save "Linux".
I used the same game save to softmod this xbox earlier, before I tried to upgrade the HDD, so it is the correct file.
I don't understand why It freezes.

But I will try again.

Shambles- Not softmoddded right now. My original HDD died during this upgrade ( A capacitor fell off from the board somehow..).
I backed up my C: and E: drive conveniently before it broke.

I guess what I will do is take my E: folder from my original HDD, and put it on my new HDD.
I can't use my original C: folder though, because it's dash is not 5960.

So I will use a clean 5960 Dash, which I have been using all along with absolutely no success.

And I'm trying to make 2 videos on youtube, the files in my xbhdm 2.2 folder, and me using "linux", so you can point out what I am doing wrong/ If i am doing anything wrong.

This post has been edited by eitsuop: Jul 11 2011, 03:44 AM
Pages: 1 [2] 3