xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Audio While Watching Divx Video..yelp!  (Read 37 times)

TheyCallMeJosh

• Archived User
No Audio While Watching Divx Video..yelp!
« on: March 15, 2005, 06:23:00 PM »

i installed the lates XBMC on E: partition with a movie folder on E: too...

movie is Napoleon Dynamite a dvd rip in divx with audio in MP3..

i had audio when i played the movie for the first time...

while movie is playing and i press the black button ...decoding status is presented..
avg fps 23.98 dropped 0 cache 35% ct 0 av 0

i using standard rca jacks...red, white, and yellow..audio is in Stereo..

ill play around with the settings more to figure out the problem....while the real genius' in the XBOX world hopefully can solve this problem i created...GOSH!!

and in advance...THANKs and much obliged

thefilepirater

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »

first of all, check and see if u sound is turned down, press the right joystick up to 0.0dB

iceman73

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 09:03:00 AM »

TheyCallMeJosh

Did you by chance stop the movie and then try to resume it? I did see this on one of my files but I was playing around with the resume function. I stopped and started the file as well as skiped around the file, after doing this twice no matter what I did the file played with no audio. I fixed by going into Q:\albums and deleting the videos dB. Once I did that when I restarted the movie I again had sound. I need to do more research on it. But if you can post more info or another file with a simular issue, as I will aslo check when I get home today. Maybe we can find the source of events that cause the issue to help the developers in weather this is an issue or not.

Thanks
ICE

TheyCallMeJosh

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 08:40:00 PM »

i figured it out.....start the movie...while it is playing press the Y button which brings up a GUI..

top right is playtime ...then bottom left has two bars...first one stop/play etc.. second bar is where the option is ...

second bar has four buttons...from left to right.....select the third one which brings up AVdelay and audio channel...well for some odd reason the Mplayer did not select the audio stream...and sometimes the Mplayer selects only left channel nor does not want to stay on Stereo...

also for the first reply the right toggle button my DB is 0 so the sound is at 100%...

hopefully this helps and might get looked at as maybe a bug or something