xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Using The X2lite Programmer (x2cable/xp Method)  (Read 9462 times)

KenCuz

• Archived User
Using The X2lite Programmer (x2cable/xp Method)
« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2003, 08:50:00 PM »

Damn it, I cant get this thing to work either.

Zim

• Archived User
« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2003, 11:12:00 AM »

Is it possible to flash using the programmer's USB cable? I note that all wires from the USB cable are connected to the programmer, not just the power cables.

C.Maggard

• Archived User
« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2003, 03:49:00 PM »

Alright, trying to flash a 2.2 lite, erases fine (ten seconds), but writing keeps locking up at 12%.  Any clues as to the cause of this?

C.Maggard

• Archived User
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2003, 05:46:00 PM »

Anyone?  Sorry to sound beggarish, but I'm literally tearing my hair out here.  Trying to read a bios back from the chip, I only get 256k worth of meaningful material, and the rest is all FF.

lilpunju

• Archived User
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2003, 02:39:00 PM »

ok, whoever's reading thank you...

i have a xbox v 1.0  ,  x2lite plus, and the x2lite programmer

When i try to flash the chip with the programmer, it results in frags...
the only time it doesnt frag is when i flash it with the ozxchip bios or the clean linux bios
but i tried it with X2 4977, and EvoX M7, and some others.. all.. fragg

but when i program it i always get the same error, regardless of what bios i use...
When i use the "x2cable i" command to get the info it comes up as...

Manufacturer Code: 01h   Device Code: 91h
Security Bit: 00000000

not the 01 D5h im supposed to get..
-The programer is directly connected to my printer port
-the chip is on enable, unprotect, bank 1 or 2 (same)
-Powered by USB

I can, erase the chip (x2cable e) or read the bios from the chip (x2cable r) and theres no problem at all

however when i try to write, it goes all the way to 100% in around 800s
then it says:

Writing...Done. Time taken = 810s.
Error at location 00000h!

then i install the chip and, once again, fragville... unless its a clean bios

then i flashed it with the only bios that works, the cromwell, and i made a cdrw with the x2 4977 bios on it.. i tried flashing it through the CD, after it erased, flashed, and  verified..it shut down.. then..what happen??

FRAG!

I spent like $80 for all this, someone pleasee help, ill greatly appreciate any help to get me through this! and tell me if im not making this clear enough or left out any details..

-MaNNu

capt_n_yayo

• Archived User
« Reply #170 on: October 13, 2003, 09:29:00 PM »

Hmmm, looks like x2.2 lites dont stand a chance at being flashed by that device. I got a programer when "Mruelle" came  out w/ his ver. of the flash device, tried to flash a 2.2lite (using x2cable) and got rejected, 7 times! dry.gif  I wish that matrix programer worked on lites and pros that w/ be nice.

Murphster05

• Archived User
« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2003, 02:20:00 PM »

THANK YOU SO MUCH!  This tutorial is INGENIOUS.  I read the tutorial on Page 1 and tried it out, first time success.  When I boot up, goes to the X logo with Xecutor in the place of MS, just a few more steps to go until I am running everything I want.

I am using an Xbox V 1.0 with an xecutor 2.2 Lite Plus.  May want to add something saying you don't need the ground and there is no flash protection removal on the chip...

I got an error that said :
Error at location 000FDh!

I don't know what that meant...but I read the new bios using the step to read Cromwell (if the chip comes pre-flashed) and it found x4977 on there just fine, so I just put the chip back in and booted up, it worked great.  Thanks a ton.

PS - if anyone knows what that error means and thinks that there may be a problem with running the chip after getting that message....a heads up would be much appreciated  smile.gif

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #172 on: October 29, 2003, 11:50:00 AM »

Hmmm, looks like x2.2 lites dont stand a chance at being flashed by that device.

Confirmed here as well... My worst results have all been with 2.2's... I wish Team X-Ecuter would come out with a new programmer that works on all X2's and even X3. If it was stable, there would be some serious value in it. I would buy one for sure  beerchug.gif

alg20

• Archived User
« Reply #173 on: November 01, 2003, 12:22:00 AM »

ok I got a X.2.2 Lite + and did everything i was supposed to do.  Loaded up perfectly the first time, but when time to read the bios CD, it did. saw all the nice progress indicators and then restarted...... frag frag frag. Throughout everything, I was eventually told that I needed to get the flasher, so I did.  Everything works fine and checks out when I follow all the Tuts.. but when I put in the Box... frag frag frag.

I've entered all the command, checks, etc all check out.  No error codes.. NONE AT ALL.  any help would greatly b appreciated............

jerome187

• Archived User
« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2003, 12:01:00 PM »

Great, X2.2 Lites cant be programed with this thing.... thats the only reason i got it.  This is fucked and I hate xecutor's overpriced chips.

DraftZero

• Archived User
« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2003, 04:13:00 AM »

blink.gif Cries of JOY!  I got my thing to finnally do something else other than "unable to start driver" or "SYNC ERROR 7"

info:
Bios: ECP + ECC port 378

Chip: X2.2 Lite+
BIOS: 4977
USB Power, no ground (Lite+ doesn't have)

I first tried compatibility settings win95 because the link for the WinLPC wasn't working and i couldnt' find it.... well that was NO HELP... gave me the SYNC ERROR 7 instead of "unable to start driver" so i finnally found WINLPC on http://www.ozxchip.com downloaded it... ran it... let it do its thing... then canceled out.... ran Command prompt with BACK TO ORIGINAL SETTINGS (not running win95)... went to the directory and did "x2cable i" to my amazment... the farking thing WORKED!
gave me:
"Manufacturer code..... Security Bit"

Started on Instruction #6... on the first page... the damn thing had an error... so i just reseated my chip and fitted it on again... worked! (noticed that the cables kinda pushed my chip just a lil bit...)

After Reading my bios.bin file... everything was good... so i just busted a x2cable w bios.bin and watched the new episodes of TMNT... about 20 min later i came back to my comp... and everything seems gravy.. no errors...

took my chip and installed to xbox.  tried 4979.. bastard won't work.. .so i tried 4977.. worked like a charm.. after some sleep i will try to get 4979 working.... muahahhahahahaha.

well good luck!

NOTES:
Also some time during this process i checked the back of my Programmer for solder bridges... and i noticed that there were some solder all kinds of places.. cleaned it up.... (not expecting anything).

LateraLex

• Archived User
« Reply #176 on: December 11, 2003, 08:02:00 PM »

I just got my 2.3 programmer and I delighted to say it is JUST as crappy as the last one. I have no idea why I bought another one only to find I get SYNC7's on every machine I have tried so far.

netwalkr101

• Archived User
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2003, 03:52:00 AM »

QUOTE (DraftZero @ Nov 22 2003, 02:06 PM)
blink.gif Cries of JOY!  I got my thing to finnally do something else other than "unable to start driver" or "SYNC ERROR 7"

info:
Bios: ECP + ECC port 378

Chip: X2.2 Lite+
BIOS: 4977
USB Power, no ground (Lite+ doesn't have)

I first tried compatibility settings win95 because the link for the WinLPC wasn't working and i couldnt' find it.... well that was NO HELP... gave me the SYNC ERROR 7 instead of "unable to start driver" so i finnally found WINLPC on http://www.ozxchip.com downloaded it... ran it... let it do its thing... then canceled out.... ran Command prompt with BACK TO ORIGINAL SETTINGS (not running win95)... went to the directory and did "x2cable i" to my amazment... the farking thing WORKED!
gave me:
"Manufacturer code..... Security Bit"

Started on Instruction #6... on the first page... the damn thing had an error... so i just reseated my chip and fitted it on again... worked! (noticed that the cables kinda pushed my chip just a lil bit...)

After Reading my bios.bin file... everything was good... so i just busted a x2cable w bios.bin and watched the new episodes of TMNT... about 20 min later i came back to my comp... and everything seems gravy.. no errors...

took my chip and installed to xbox.  tried 4979.. bastard won't work.. .so i tried 4977.. worked like a charm.. after some sleep i will try to get 4979 working.... muahahhahahahaha.

well good luck!

NOTES:
Also some time during this process i checked the back of my Programmer for solder bridges... and i noticed that there were some solder all kinds of places.. cleaned it up.... (not expecting anything).

All i can say is if you have this configuration it works!!! i just tried it last night.  worked like a charm!  this needs to be in a tutorial!!!  I dont know why running "win_lpc" works but it took care of the "unable to start driver" problem.  The thing to remember is when you run win lpc you will get another error!! but close it out and rerun "x2cable" you might get an error on the first try but the second will most likely work.  I reflashed the chip 3 times with this method just to make sure and had flawless flashes every time.  Kudos to Draftzero for finding this by either experience or luck!!!  

Also one last tidbit i forgot to mention.  If you dont want the likely hood of this happening again.  When you prepare your bios then make sure that when you make your bios, to include the bios you plan to use in bank 1.  And in bank 2 a version of the cromwell bios.  So now once you have bank 1 regular bios and bank 2 cromwell.  any time you need to reflash you can use a cd to flash instead of the programmer.  Just make sure EVERY time you burn a flash cd that you put cromwell in your bank 2 so it will always be there to repeat this process again!!!  Thanks again to EVERYBODY for your help and to Draftzero for getting me to this point!!!  cool.gif

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2003, 05:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (jerome187 @ Nov 20 2003, 09:54 PM)
Great, X2.2 Lites cant be programed with this thing.... thats the only reason i got it.  This is fucked and I hate xecutor's overpriced chips.

rolleyes.gif

x2 are programmed with an x2 programmer

its designed for the x2. hence it being called x2 programmer.

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2003, 06:05:00 AM »

ps i also noticed the x2cable app on the xbox-scene page does not work correctly on my box - maybe this is what some of you are having problems with ?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14