xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Flashing Your X2lite With Ozxchip Method  (Read 13443 times)

barnabs

• Archived User
Flashing Your X2lite With Ozxchip Method
« Reply #300 on: August 05, 2003, 06:28:00 AM »

Hi, firstly thanks for this great tut.

Yet I have one question left:

I installed a X2.0pro with headerpin, if I turn on the Xbox, the DVD-Tray opens, the Light flashes green - red - green, everything as descibed here.
Yet on the TV-Screen I get a diagonally distorted picture (black / green / some blue). I don´t know exactly what this means, as this isn´t described anywhere and I am not quite sure if this is ok or if this a sign that something went terribly wrong.

Sorry, if this has been answered already, but I didn´t find anything on this forum.

Thx in advance for any help =)

pdenton

• Archived User
« Reply #301 on: August 05, 2003, 06:37:00 AM »

im not sure if this is the problem you're having but you have to be using the RCA cable for your video and audio, not an s-video cable. this is just a preliminary diagnosis, its been a known source of bad display with modchips

barnabs

• Archived User
« Reply #302 on: August 05, 2003, 07:24:00 AM »

As I am living in Germany but have an US-Xbox, I use an RGB-Cable (that I can use my xbox with my PAL-TV-Set), not the original RCA-Cable.

So that I understand you right, the problem seems to be the connection between xbox and display, not the chip or its installation?

pdenton

• Archived User
« Reply #303 on: August 05, 2003, 07:49:00 PM »

there's been a lot of talk around the forums and IRC that you need an RCA cable for your modchip to properly work/flash. im not wholly sure, maybe an admin could share their wisdom?  biggrin.gif

42ZRo

• Archived User
« Reply #304 on: August 13, 2003, 06:32:00 PM »

i use an s video cable n it works fine

pdenton

• Archived User
« Reply #305 on: August 13, 2003, 08:01:00 PM »

alright, so i was wrong, sorry dood, i dont know what to tell you.

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #306 on: August 13, 2003, 08:07:00 PM »

The new cromwell bios for X-ecuter chips does not require an RCA cord. Only the old bios required it.

mustrum

• Archived User
« Reply #307 on: August 14, 2003, 06:27:00 AM »

Worked! Thanks a lot. i was trying to use that ocflash cd and wondered why it wont work.
Made bios cd and it flashed away. Nero is junk. Did bun my dummy AFTER the bios.bin.
Used XP burner and worked right away!

jebkyle

• Archived User
« Reply #308 on: August 14, 2003, 11:24:00 PM »

im pretty new at this stuff but ive got the basics out of the way.. right now im having trouble finding the bios to flash my mod chip... can anyone help me or tell me where i can find that?? i read a post earlier that showed the site but it wont let me into that sight.  can some help out?

pdenton

• Archived User
« Reply #309 on: August 15, 2003, 06:43:00 AM »

jebkyle, easynews was down for a bit yesterday, probably from the blaster worm, but its back up. use my instructions to get on the ftp server. or you know what, i have downloaded and collected everything you need for an X2.2 lite. so, if you have an x2.2 lite and cant find the files (bios, dummy file maker, bios manager) i have AIM at the screenname meesterbond86. message me and i'll be a pal

bejinxed

• Archived User
« Reply #310 on: August 16, 2003, 04:33:00 PM »

Thank you!  

After i successfully installed the mod chip and following your instructions Im now ready to go onto the next step (whatever that is lol)

Word of advice to people.. dont use the pogo pin adapters, what you pay for it will buy all the tools necessary to solder it in.  Pogo pins didnt line up correctly (least mine didnt), and soldering worked the 1st try.

--bejinxed--

pdenton

• Archived User
« Reply #311 on: August 16, 2003, 05:08:00 PM »

w00t, add one in the win column for me   biggrin.gif

Big HDD

• Archived User
« Reply #312 on: August 22, 2003, 06:08:00 PM »

anyone wanna help me?
i am stuck on linux clean BIOS Base:2.21, and it wants linuxboot.cfg, so i put that on ozxflashcd and it still dont bott(cuz someone told me to put it on there)
PLEASE HELP, ive been working on it for days!

robsch

• Archived User
« Reply #313 on: August 28, 2003, 09:45:00 PM »

Posted on Aug 23 2003, 03:08 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
anyone wanna help me?
i am stuck on linux clean BIOS Base:2.21, and it wants linuxboot.cfg, so i put that on ozxflashcd and it still dont bott(cuz someone told me to put it on there)
PLEASE HELP, ive been working on it for days!

I am having the same problem. I have tried almost everything I can think of. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the proper bios loaded? I have even tried doing the 007 Agent under fire exploit with the Action Replay memory card, and stumped there too.

vince20

• Archived User
« Reply #314 on: September 13, 2003, 12:36:00 PM »

bump
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23