xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Question About Gen Core Skin  (Read 662 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Question About Gen Core Skin
« on: April 27, 2003, 05:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (cthuu @ Apr 27 2003, 09:01 AM)
ph34r.gif Let me say before i ask the question F!#%$ killer job.. .   much faster and appears to more solid.  
I'am having a problem with the ( <AllowVideoSound>No</AllowVideoSound> ) on the MXM.XML
My .wma only works for the screenshots that use .png , the ones with a .wmv load the .wmv audio.

I realize you didn't make the skin. .. . . .  

Any suggestions?

Well, there's more explicit control when a skin is made to the 'new' spec. "Generator" is made to the old spec, and it's actually converted internally to 'upgrade' it.

If "Generator" was updated to the new skin format, you could alter the "SuspendMusic" option to false for the screenshot items (which is set to "True" to keep it from breaking the old behavior on 'old' skins).

The MXM.xml option might be a bug... I need to verify it works as advertised, too. There may be afew things like this that need to be cleaned up (sorry if that's the case).

9t9

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 01:05:00 PM »

smile.gif

now for my tiny problem

I can't seem to get the movie screen previews working either :/

Seems its reading the xbe for the screenshot and forcing that to display instead of the video.If i leave out the path to the xbe it allows the video to play.

Is this the skins problem using the old format?Ill have a go updating it for myself if it is or have i just screwed my config by messing around to much smile.gif

Thanks for this great piece of kit biggrin.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 01:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (9t9 @ Apr 27 2003, 05:05 PM)
This app rocks big time thanks for making this briliant app for us smile.gif

now for my tiny problem

I can't seem to get the movie screen previews working either :/

Seems its reading the xbe for the screenshot and forcing that to display instead of the video.If i leave out the path to the xbe it allows the video to play.

Is this the skins problem using the old format?Ill have a go updating it for myself if it is or have i just screwed my config by messing around to much smile.gif

Thanks for this great piece of kit biggrin.gif

I don't know. Is it named "MXM_SS.wmv" and in the game directory?

A lot changed in the way it loads these files, so I might have missed something.

mongoosedm

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2003, 03:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (cthuu @ Apr 27 2003, 02:01 PM)
ph34r.gif Let me say before i ask the question F!#%$ killer job.. .   much faster and appears to more solid. 
I'am having a problem with the ( <AllowVideoSound>No</AllowVideoSound> ) on the MXM.XML
My .wma only works for the screenshots that use .png , the ones with a .wmv load the .wmv audio.

I realize you didn't make the skin. .. . . .   

Any suggestions?

I'm having the same problem here.  The background music plays for everything that doesn't have a preview wmv.  For preview movies, their sound takes over.  Not outstanding.  I basically just copied and pasted my old mxm.xml, could this be part of the problem...?  Oh, I'm using X2.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2003, 03:12:00 PM »

wink.gif  The "AllowVideoSound" thing is something I need to fix.... Sorry...

As for the Generator skin, bear in mind that it's running in 'compatiblity mode' because it's using the old skin definition file.  If it was using a newer skin definition, you could alter the screenshot settings for video. Hopefully, StrongBad will update the XML soon. Without the "AllowVideoSound" setting working as advertised (sheepish look), it behaves as it 'should'.

As I said, fixes will be forthcoming...