xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Motherboard Picture?  (Read 1532 times)

Najels

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Motherboard Picture?
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2005, 05:53:00 AM »

What you call the network and video connector, is IMO the network and aft usb connector, making the other, wider connector the video connector, it sort of resembles the xbox video output port.

xombouw

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2005, 06:00:00 AM »

k thanx.

So the xbox 360 has a normal USB connector as on a pc ?

Hope so, no need to solder a convertor cable  biggrin.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2005, 06:04:00 AM »

yea because it will have that USB wireless g adapter

Infamous_One

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2005, 06:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(xombouw @ Jul 22 2005, 01:41 PM)
Hey,

The question of the powersupply is already answered.

But, what is the connector next to the networkcable connector?

Anyone?

user posted image

Ignore the PowerSupply question please.

Thats for the Network Adapter , btw nice picture.

mirx999

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2005, 06:57:00 AM »

http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/4/xbox360/112798.jpg

Besides a few capacitors being moved, everything seems to be exactly the same on the new mobo pic as on the ourcolony pic.  I'm now positive that this is legitimate.  There's really nothing indicating otherwise.

Edit:  removed image tags to prevent table breakage.

Lamer123

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2005, 07:18:00 AM »

Everyone is talkin about how MS is going to make it so hard to mod . I just don't think that that is true . The functanality of this console almost depends on it being connected to the internet , and on their xbox live servers .

It is my feeling that while MS cares that their shit gets hacked ,they also know that it is going to happen no matter what . And still to this day you cannot play backups on live , Do you think that will ever change ??  

As games become more internet dependant ( more specifically live dependant ) any game producers concern over people copying their games kind of diminishes . Because they know that single player sucks and the only way to get good replay value out of a game is to have an amazing multiplayer feature .

Final verdict : the 360 will have homebrew emu's and a hacked bios within a month of its release , the scene is to big to stop .

ChipDealHelper

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2005, 07:23:00 AM »

EDIT : Really Nothing Good To Say.

mirx999

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2005, 07:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(ChipDealHelper @ Jul 22 2005, 10:34 AM)
Hi, I understand you’re upset and concerned about your order with ChipDealer.com.

I’m happy to let you know that I am here to handle your issue and resolve this, before our company closes.

Please e-mail [email protected] with this problem, your order date, prior communication, payment method, and your situation and it will be resolved for you as soon as possible.

It would be helpful to include your return phone number when e-mailing us, but It is not required.

We want to make sure you are satisfied before closing this store, so please get in touch with us as soon as possible.

iamwithstupid.gif

Seriously though...what the hell?

jiggysmb

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2005, 07:35:00 AM »

back on topic..... is that a pin header to the left of the fans??? or just some jumpers?

SkateorDie

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2005, 07:59:00 AM »

they look like jumper but lets hope with a certain combo of jumpers you can get complete unsigned software acceessibility. I dont see a 3rd connector for the expansion bay anywhere, maybe there will be a connector added onto the dvd drive or somethng blink.gif

Avenger 2.0

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2005, 08:15:00 AM »

Is that chip left from the cooling fans the TSOP? Certainly looks like a flash memory chip. biggrin.gif

TheSandman87

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2005, 08:49:00 AM »

asking questions on where the OS is stored without a HDD, im sure with the dropping prices of flash mem. im sure its a 128mb TSOP, giving them HUGE amounts of space to expand firmware-wise; i wouldnt put it past M$ to do something like that,  and they flash these baby's via USB and a software disk of some sort, that would almost make it mod proof. Any ideas?

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2005, 08:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(TheSandman87 @ Jul 22 2005, 11:00 AM)
asking questions on where the OS is stored without a HDD, im sure with the dropping prices of flash mem. im sure its a 128mb TSOP, giving them HUGE amounts of space to expand firmware-wise; i wouldnt put it past M$ to do something like that,  and they flash these baby's via USB and a software disk of some sort, that would almost make it mod proof. Any ideas?

very interesting theory... if the OS/Xbox Guide and Bios were all on the same chip... a simple dash update would wipe out not just the dashboard but your modded bios too

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2005, 09:05:00 AM »

WoW I could look at that pic all day, now can we please get a shot underneith. I wouldn't be surprised if them fans had cool 'n' quite technology like it is in my AMD64 laptop. It sure does look good but I noticed that the hypertransport bus seems to be a very long strip of traces.

nj12nets

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »

not sure if its been said but that empty part looks like where the dual fans will be - also in the ourcolony pic it may look like they have mini leds soldered down but i cant see
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7