OG Xbox Forums > TSOP flashing

Tsop: Bios Not Writable!?

(1/2) > >>

jacksprrow:
ok i have modded 10 xboxen now and all have been perfectly easy to do, but for some reason i have these 2 other xboxen that will NOT let me flash the BIOS AT ALL, i KNOW i have the jumpers correctly solder'd etc, but everytime i try to flash the BIOS, i get an error saying its not writtable. Some one briefly said somthing to me about having the same issue and that you need to do some PHEONIX thing wich i didnt understand, could some one please point me in the right direction of the answer so i can mod these 2 xboxen and get em outa my room finally

007 AUF TSOP using Raincoat,aurasia's 007 save w/evox install, AND standard 007 AUF save exploit, NONE work.

[email protected]
AIM/AOL:  jacksprrow

Please help me out thanks

soon2b:
Well, I have never modded a box, so you know more about it than me. I'll still TRY to help ... I have read a lot of tutorials and completely taken my box apart on several occasions before I ever read anything about it. Have you thought to check and make 100 percent sure that you are making good contact on the d0 point (or did you only connect the top 2 points)? What did you scrape over them with (ie - are you sure you didn't damage them)? The Phoenix BIOS Loader is a softmod that loads an alternate bios so that you don't need a chip or connected tsop points. Even though you have already bridged the tsop points, the PBL will still work. There are plenty of tutorials on the site about how to use it, so just check the tutorials section if you are out of options (under the no mod tutorials). Any moderators or 1337 people that read this post that can correct me on anything, please do so.

PEace

tyraen:
You said you tried raincoat? Was it the latest version? Also, I had to find custom ini settings once, it was giving me the same error. Some of the settings files don't have the right flash info in 'em.

Exobex:
I use raincoat 0.501, and only ever had this problem ONCE.  When I resoldered the points it worked fine.

jacksprrow:
I have checked and redone the solder points 7 times now, i have even done it to ANOTHER xbox, both cause the same error, i have done about 10 other boxes consisting of what i THOUGHT were the same BIOS chips, and they worked perfectly fine so i have no idea what to do now. I have no idea what this phoenix thing is, and does any one know what im talking about or have run into this problem and KNOWS how to fix it? please let me know thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version