xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: So, You Screwed Up Your X-box  (Read 3300 times)

RoboChicken

• Archived User
So, You Screwed Up Your X-box
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2004, 12:04:00 AM »

Got a request to reflash a TSOP today for a 1.1 Xbox. Opened the box and noticed it said "ST". I immediately got a bad feeling about flashing it as I have flashed a 1.1 ST and fragged it.

So I went ahead and tried to flash it assuming the write points had been jumped. I used 007AUF and a 1MB bios. It profiled it as a Winbond 256k (WTF?) and said 1MB was too big. (write points weren't jumped)

So I enabled the write points and tried flashing it again. This time it was correctly profiled as "ST" 1MB. The flash erased then programed and completed. Right after I reboot the Xbox I got a frag just as I had suspected.

Anyway I used this tutorial and connected the 3 wires on the bottom of the board. Put it back together, turned the Xbox on and WOW! IT WORKS!  biggrin.gif

Thanks Henrideath!

colibri

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2004, 08:57:00 AM »

i got a solution.. old skool.. it involves cash to buy  new xbox, a blow dryer, plastic razor to lift the heated labels.. about an hours worth of time.. reasembly. an a receipt to return "unopened" merchendise.. but like i said that's old skool and there is risk involved depending on your label lifting skillz.. if you don't know what I'm talking about then ignore this reply.. this was just a comment to people who have done this before..

NinjaMarshmallow

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »

When flashing my friend's Xbox a few days ago, I soldered the points, did the exploit, and everything went fine.

Yesterday, another friend brought his over. We did the soldering and the exploit (had to redo the soldering a few times) and flashed. When it was almost done writing the new BIOS it just stopped. I left it for a long time and eventually just had to accept it and turn it off. Of course, it FRAGs now.

I tried to do that three wire trick, but those places are so small! How the hell do you solder wires to those? I'm sure I could probably do it if my fucking dad didn't always get into my electrical projects and get pissed off at every tiny thing and spread his anger to me. (If you can't tell, I just got done trying an electrical project that was interrupted by my dad!)

Anyway, any strategies for that? I'll be sure to write them down and try them when my dad's at work... Grr.

amigace

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »

Hi to all...

First i want to say a big THANK YOU for writing the tutorial,
but now i have a further question :

for some reason, trying to reflash the 1mb bios after connecting the three points didn't work for me.

I used the 007 method and the raincoat-flasher returned no errors after flashing, but after separating the three wires i got the same error.... so i decided to let the three points connected together to have a 256kb TSOP instead of 1mb TSOP..

all runs fine so far, and i'm very happy wink.gif

Now i want to flash a LBA 48 bios into my TSOP, because i want to setup a 200GB Harddrive into my box.

When the 1mb flash-method isn't working for me, can i leave the three wires connected together, and flash an actual LBA 48 bios with the size of 256kb into the TSOP (using raincoat) ? Or does this kill the TSOP forever...

I'm pretty sure i have an 1mb TSOP, i accidentally forgot to blew up the 256k bios the first time, so i ran into the whole trouble  rolleyes.gif

Thanks for any answers

crusadeR

amigace

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2004, 05:25:00 AM »

Just to let you know, since nobody answered my question  cool.gif

I left the 3 points connected together and flashed an actual xecuter2 LBA48 / 256kb bios into the TSOP.... it works perfectly.

the raincoat-flasher detected my Hynix 1MB TSOP and programmed 4 times back-to-back the 256kb bios, each at a incremented adress...

now i have 191,8GB free on drive F:  biggrin.gif

regards
crusadeR

Musashi

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2004, 06:27:00 AM »

A friend of mine flashed his Xbox with a 512 mb bios, how can he fix it? Does the tree wire method work when flashing a 512mb bios?

He has a Xbox v1.0, and flashe with evox D6 512mb BIOS

Any help is appreciated

Musashi

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2004, 06:29:00 AM »

Any help?

Will a modchip work on his xbox? I have a spare Xecuter 2.3 Lite, could this chip make his xbox work again?

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2004, 06:36:00 AM »

The first question is, did he erase both banks?

You may try installing the 512k switch as per the tutorials.

If the xbox boots with either setting, then you can reflash BOTH banks again if you wish.

Merely boot with the good bank, flip the switch, reflash, reboot.

Musashi

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2004, 06:26:00 PM »

He flashed it with evox, with a 512kb Bios. Where can i find a tutorial on how to use the first 512 kb bank in an xbox v1.0 instead of 1 mb or 256 kb

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2004, 06:51:00 PM »

pinned tutorials or in the tutorials link on the main www.xbox-scene.com page

Musashi

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2004, 07:59:00 PM »

I couldnt find any, can you post a link on a tutorial?

Musashi

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »

could someone put a link? Pleas?

skobar

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2004, 06:07:00 PM »

Ok i did this many times.

I dont know if its a 1.4 or a 1.5

I flashed with a 256k bios and it completed succesfully.
After restarting the xbox it started fragging..

Any ideas.?

Chip is a ST and video is a FOCUS

I flashed with xecuter 4981

help!!

misterninja

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2004, 08:30:00 PM »

forgive my noobiness but what is the alim cable.....

skobar

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »

anyone can help?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8