xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: So, You Screwed Up Your X-box  (Read 3284 times)

SlickSnak3

• Archived User
So, You Screwed Up Your X-box
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »

I did the 3 wire thingy cause a bad flash was causeing the xbox not to boot (blackscreen with the eject flashing red). It made like it was working, till after the xbox logo, then gave me "xbox need repair error".

Any info?

This post has been edited by SlickSnak3: Jan 19 2004, 07:29 PM

SlickSnak3

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2004, 10:44:00 PM »

Figured it out! it was the hdd that wasnt locked. Thanks alot Henrideath  beerchug.gif .

acid8x

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2004, 06:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (Henrideath @ Nov 30 2003, 02:24 PM)
YOU FLASHED IT BAD ANYWAY HOW TO REPAIR ?

ok
1) Your Xbox is fragging (2 reboot and red/green light) you'll have to boot on the first 256k of your tsop, here's the only way I found to do that :

Solder one wire per point you see circled in red on this picture

user posted image

You must have 3 wires, long enough to have one of their end out of the xbox. Now listen carefully. Put everything back in the Xbox, and join the three wires ends. Boot your console. It will use the first quarter of the tsop, the 256k you flashed on the 1meg eeprom. Once booted, and evox accessed (or 007),[Thanks Troed] separate the three wires, you can flash it again... Please beware of what you're doing, that's your last chance to get out of this mess without buying a LPC.

If you leave the three wires soldered, your TSOP will become a 256k one like on the latest (after v1.1) versions of Xbox.

I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Henrideath for this thread! I flash my 1.0 xbox with a 256k bios and with your tutorial I got my xbox to boot and flash it again with a 1mb bios and work perfectly.

jamminj606

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2004, 10:57:00 AM »

Thanks henrideath!

the '256k on a 1mb bios' fix worked great on this 4034 xbox.

RUF

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2004, 10:04:00 AM »

Henrideaht and to anyone that might have a clue:

I've flashed mine with a 1meg X4981 ver. 1.1, I've used MechEursia. After the flash, my xbox shuts down and when I turned it on it cycles on and off twice and then FRAGS.

I've tried your method and it still does the same thing. I've pulled a perfectly working Xecuter 2.2 Pro modchip from my working Xbox and installed it in this one and it boots with the chip enabled but all I have is a black screen. Is my Xbox FUBR? Is the 29wire method my last hope? Thanks in advance!

jph290

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2004, 08:12:00 AM »

Hi,
I unlock my xbox hardrive fine and backed it up with the eeprom.  I locked it with the wrong password so now my xbox gives me an error code 6. I there a way a can recover the passowrd i accidently set it to?

Arakon

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »

if you don't know what password you locked it with, your HD is trash.

Tsjibbe

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2004, 12:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (jph290 @ Apr 4 2004, 04:12 PM)
Hi,
I unlock my xbox hardrive fine and backed it up with the eeprom.  I locked it with the wrong password so now my xbox gives me an error code 6. I there a way a can recover the passowrd i accidently set it to?

Which program did you use to relock it? Some programs use logfiles and you can find out what the key is you locked the hdd with.

micah

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

The ConfigMagic Hot Swap thing worked, it could read the drive, but sadly could not unlock it. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to unlock it the hotswap way or if you've had the same problem.

Arakon

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »

disabling the HDD lock requires the password again, it's impossible to permanently unlock a HD with the hotswap.

saltyscott

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2004, 10:17:00 AM »

can you keep a xbox 1.1 at 256k if you want to just run on that BIOS?

cyberkidd007

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2004, 11:02:00 AM »

hi i recently did an audio exploit on my friends box and he messed it up and i had to do a hotswap with my pc so when i got it fixed i just unlocked his hdd and now i get an error 5. I have a matrix modchip. So i stuck his hdd in mine and relocked it now i get and error 6. HE is really mad at me and i dont know what to do. I tried to to a tsop flash with matrix but the points were to small. IS there anything i can do? besides him getting a mod chip? Is it normal to get an error on a no chip box with an unlocked hdd? Because i cant get pasted that. How would i restore his hdd if i install the chip on his box? will i be able to unlocked the hdd? because it is locked with TEAMASELMBY. Will the chip let me use his box again? Or will i have to stick it in the pc and unlock it? and hot swap. Is there anything I can do? I really need help fast. Any help would really be appreciated.
Thanx

'KiD

saltyscott

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »

did you check the error code key on the xbox-scene at

http://www.xbox-scen.../errorcodes.php

you may beable to fix your xbox faster if your know whats wrong.

Renthal

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »

You cannot lock an Xbox hard drive in one Xbox and expect it to work in a completely separate Xbox. This is a simple part of the Xbox's security.

Take your friend's HDD and lock it with the original password it was locked with. The password can be generated using the eeprom.bin from your friend's Xbox. You can find out how to do this by doing some research on these forums, not to mention the tutorials section on the main page.

You can use your modchip in your friends Xbox to re-lock it as well. It must be unlocked before you install it in your friend's Xbox.

cyberkidd007

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »

ok i put my chip in his and relocked it. IT then worked for a day then he just  called me and said it had an error five. When i ran the magic config on his it made backup files right? well i have those on my pc. could i use that in magic config to re lock his hdd? On my motherboard?  I dont know why he would get that error though but do you think that sending his backup files to mine  would work?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8