xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Keyboard & Mouse Experiences?  (Read 107 times)

keithacole

• Archived User
Keyboard & Mouse Experiences?
« on: March 09, 2005, 05:14:00 AM »

ok.. i got a mouse & keyboard adaptor(smartfag joy)... looked on the list at xbmc forums and bought compatible mouse & keyboard...

when xbmc loaded first i got the numlock light on and the optical light on the mouse.. but i get no response in xbmc..

i tried different ports and when i plugged it in port #2 i get capslock and some other light on. i move the mouse and the volume starts adjusting.. i hit keys on the keyboard... the space acts as enter and the up,down, left, right, works... so im like, ok cool

i try to edit text in xbmc, and nothing...

so i go and try other dashes and other apps.. such as linksboks, still get no mouse pointer(but mouse works, i can click and apps exit) and the keys on the keyboard dont act like letters and numbers.

do i have to map the keys?

i read that someone else got a pointer.... no mouse and keyboard in xebian also

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 05:36:00 AM »

I have a keyboard and a mouse, both USB, pluged into controller ports 3 and 4. (Ghetto usb mod i did years back) Both works brilliant.

Aint that adapter you use for PS2 devices?

keithacole

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 05:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(JayDee @ Mar 9 2005, 07:36 AM)
I have a keyboard and a mouse, both USB, pluged into controller ports 3 and 4. (Ghetto usb mod i did years back) Both works brilliant.

Aint that adapter you use for PS2 devices?

i tried a strait up ps/2 keyboard and it got the same response as the usb keyboard with the usb-->ps2 adaptor..

since im getting the same response in all dashboards/apps im thinking it may be something to do with either bios or box ver. lemme see what the hardware forums say..

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 05:58:00 AM »

What i would do is to try and skip the adapter you are using and hook up a xbox->usb connector (what are they, $5?) and try again.

keithacole

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 06:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(JayDee @ Mar 9 2005, 07:58 AM)
What i would do is to try and skip the adapter you are using and hook up a xbox->usb connector (what are they, $5?) and try again.

i checked hardware.. and everything there is showing me FPS emulation.. no matter weather usb or ps/2

but yea.. im gonna find a xbox--> usb adaptor and see what that outcome is. may have something to do with the voltage that the input devices operate at

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 07:26:00 AM »

The adapter you purchased allows a keyboard and mouse to emulate the CONTROLLER.

Thus, it'll act like the controller.  Many of the keys on the keyboard will therefore do nothing.

If you want true keyboard + mouse support, you'll need a USB -> xbox convertor as DDay says.  I have no idea whether a PS/2 keyboard will work via a PS/2 -> USB convertor (if these even exist).

keithacole

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 09:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(jmarshall @ Mar 9 2005, 09:26 AM)
The adapter you purchased allows a keyboard and mouse to emulate the CONTROLLER.

Thus, it'll act like the controller.  Many of the keys on the keyboard will therefore do nothing.

If you want true keyboard + mouse support, you'll need a USB -> xbox convertor as DDay says.  I have no idea whether a PS/2 keyboard will work via a PS/2 -> USB convertor (if these even exist).

ok, thanks.. thats exactly what i needed to know..

looks like i be back in the FS threads wheelin' & deelin'