xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Pm3 Skin Development  (Read 2229 times)

rramoutar

• Archived User
Pm3 Skin Development
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2007, 11:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ May 1 2007, 05:40 AM) *

Probably not because its a third party script and could break at any time and having it in the default skin would confuse people as to why its not working.  I really have to balance out what would be great and would would be user friendly with PM3  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I can understand this...you guys have been down this road with MC360. However is there any chance of the lyrics script being integrated into xbmc itself. The script has become very professional with skins, langauges and scrapers. I don't know for sure but I am willing to bet this is a script that every xbmc user has and uses. That way the functions of this script can be truly integrated into PMIII and it does seem like a function xbmc should have natively.

Kick In Da Door

• Archived User
Pm3 Skin Development
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2007, 10:09:00 AM »

Jezz X is it possible to redo the homescreen it just has too many buttons now since the linksboks been added , starting too look all cluttered and buttons seems out of place.

rramoutar

• Archived User
Pm3 Skin Development
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »

Redoing the homescreen of PMIII...do mean shift around a few buttons or major overhaul? Man, that's like asking someone to redesign a fantastic piece of art. I not very creative so that sounds like a really big challenge.

I do know one thing...that blue button with the up arrow...does not represent the new favorites dialog very well.

On separate note, patiently waiting on the new t3ch release to check out that smart playlist editor.

This post has been edited by rramoutar: May 6 2007, 07:31 PM

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Pm3 Skin Development
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »

I agree somthing needs to be done with the home screen its starting to look messy/crowded but the big question is what ?  Ive been thinking for ages about ways that it can be redesigned yet still maintain the look and feel of PM3 and I'm coming up pretty blank.   Any real redesign of it will surely come under heavy attack from people who thought it looked fine the way it is  sad.gif
Its one of those catch 22 situations, "Damned of you do and Damned if you don't"  unsure.gif  On that note if any real graphic gurus have ideas on ways to improve it please post away mockups and screenshots

Kick In Da Door

• Archived User
Pm3 Skin Development
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »

I also wanted to request if u can add wraplist to the program/games section of xbmc.
How do u access the new rating stuff, i cant find it in the music library, i clicked the white button on the song but i dont see anything about ratings, and then on the left i only see sort by time , track etc.. but no ratings.

This post has been edited by Kick In Da Door: May 6 2007, 11:11 PM

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Pm3 Skin Development
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kick In Da Door @ May 7 2007, 07:53 AM) View Post

I also wanted to request if u can add wraplist to the program/games section of xbmc.
How do u access the new rating stuff, i cant find it in the music library, i clicked the white button on the song but i dont see anything about ratings, and then on the left i only see sort by time , track etc.. but no ratings.

1) I'll think about it
2) its only in the latest t3ch an up

Kick In Da Door

• Archived User
Pm3 Skin Development
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »

What is the latest tech? I have a compile from yesterday which was 5/5/2007 and in the changelog it says the rating system was added.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Pm3 Skin Development
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2007, 12:11:00 AM »

Its not a links2xbmc build is it because they have a fake build date and revision number the latest t3ch is T3CH SVN 2007-04-29 rev8692

Kick In Da Door

• Archived User
Pm3 Skin Development
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2007, 07:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ May 7 2007, 01:11 AM) *

Its not a links2xbmc build is it because they have a fake build date and revision number the latest t3ch is T3CH SVN 2007-04-29 rev8692

yea it was thanks

lawdawg0931

• Archived User
Pm3 Skin Development
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2007, 09:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ May 6 2007, 01:51 PM) View Post

I agree somthing needs to be done with the home screen its starting to look messy/crowded but the big question is what ?  Ive been thinking for ages about ways that it can be redesigned yet still maintain the look and feel of PM3 and I'm coming up pretty blank.   Any real redesign of it will surely come under heavy attack from people who thought it looked fine the way it is  sad.gif
Its one of those catch 22 situations, "Damned of you do and Damned if you don't"  unsure.gif  On that note if any real graphic gurus have ideas on ways to improve it please post away mockups and screenshots

I'll start by saying "I'm not displeased with any of the PM family" - & I certainly understand the amount of time required from you (& others) to redo the home screen.....so don't kill me by saying "could it be time for PM4? unsure.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Pm3 Skin Development
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »

heh well the Project Mayhem line of skins is somthing that belongs (probably not the right word) to Chokemaniac so If a new skin was to come out it would be called somthign else.

The real problem is I'm just not very good at graphics sad.gif I'm a code guy,  I know how to manipulate exsisting graphics to get what I want but as for greating them from scratch not a chance at making anything up to chokes project mayhem standard  unsure.gif

But I agree and I have been thinnking about some ideas for stuff that could hopefully become the default skin just lots of planning and thinking

SupaDawg

• Archived User
Pm3 Skin Development
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2007, 01:06:00 AM »

I have to say Jezz that i'm yet to see the addition of links2. But i'm sure there is a simple solution. Make the links a small square link... at the bottom, as with the popup menu and play (when disc inserted) button. Small, easy to access and clean. Also non-obtrusive and avoids a re-design.

QUOTE(lawdawg0931 @ May 11 2007, 04:48 AM) *

I'll start by saying "I'm not displeased with any of the PM family" - & I certainly understand the amount of time required from you (& others) to redo the home screen.....so don't kill me by saying "could it be time for PM4? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

As Jezz said... PM is a ChokeManiac development. The branding actually stretched beyond his xbmc work so i'm sure he wouldn't appreciate anyone making a "PM4" without him being in on it. And with Mathias very high standards it would be very hard to get him to approve much of anything.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Pm3 Skin Development
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2007, 01:39:00 AM »

Incase anyone is interested for themselves
Revision: 8909
Author: jezz_x
Date: 5:25:59 PM, Sunday, 13 May 2007
Changed : Moved all Project Mayhems III text colors out into TextColor.xml as includes in the hope we might get a few color variation themes in the future

RocK111

• Archived User
Pm3 Skin Development
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2007, 02:20:00 AM »

cant seem to find any PM3 Themes. Is there any?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Pm3 Skin Development
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2007, 02:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(RocK111 @ May 13 2007, 06:20 PM) View Post

cant seem to find any PM3 Themes. Is there any?

there were a couple but they are out of date so like I said (bit in bold)
Changed : Moved all Project Mayhems III text colors out into TextColor.xml as includes in the hope we might get a few color variation themes in the future
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6