xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49

Author Topic: Release: Vision Beta 1 For Xbmc By Ninet9mustang  (Read 17391 times)

rramoutar

• Archived User
Release: Vision Beta 1 For Xbmc By Ninet9mustang
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2007, 07:59:00 PM »

Solved my small font problem by substiting arial bold ttf for the TCM.tff. Just renamed tcm.ttf to tcm.ttf.bak in skin's font folder and copied the arial bold ttf font into the folder and renamed tcm.ttf. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I have had a few hours to spend with this skin and it is amazing!!! It's still in beta and missing a few things here and there, but it is now my default skin. I have tried many...many skins before (mc360 and XBOX Classic being my favourite alternatives) but I have always come back to PMIII. This time I really think I am staying put (till eX is out anyways, then all bet are off). Even my wife passed across when I was playing with the skin and went "Wow" and she nevers notices or cares about this sort of stuff.

And to top it off with SVN access I will looking at skin daily.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by rramoutar: Mar 20 2007, 03:03 AM

BecomethemonsteR

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »

FUCK!  And here he is telling me its nothing special and to be ready for disappointment.  This skin is amazing.  I've only peeked but I am in love...  With the skin...  And NineT9Mustang...  Really... ph34r.gif

wowser

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »

The skin is looking good!!

One suggestion: when playing music and you are on the home screen, is it possible to enlarge the "orb" where the album art is displayed.  I really like the idea of having it there but i think it's too small.  

noob123

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2007, 12:38:00 AM »

just love this skin love.gif ....but can u make the text biger...ill try what rramoutar did and see if i can get the text biger.....by the way did i mention i just love this skin!!!!!!!!

Fused0ne

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007, 01:42:00 AM »

I too had the small font problem but now its half ok. Changed the font to another as suggested and now the fonts bigger everywhere so far except when using the lyric mod. Still real real small. Not sure if thats cause of the mod or still cause of the font.

I have rss enabled but I dont see one, I'm guessing its not still done yet (the rss feature), as this is still beta.

And can we get the big wide icons in music? And are they suppose to fade out that way? Looks a little hazy and then fades out. Fade out I like alot but the hazyness sort not so much.

And whenever a prompt comes up and you need to push ok, not sure if its set up this way or if a bug you have to hit back, cause hitting A does nothing.

Other then that outstanding. I'm sure gonna use this skin.

unseendemon

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007, 03:12:00 AM »

its so amazing .. its like the first nextgen xbmc skin  smile.gif

noob123

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2007, 03:16:00 AM »

yeh i dont like the look of the big wide icon view...its as described above, kind of 'hazy' and it fading out too much...and the rss feeds is not implimented yet...also if i use 4:3 mode instead of widescreen, then everything is larger and i can manage to read the text....but other then that its all good

jimbobjim

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2007, 04:19:00 AM »

I think i'm going to stick with the new pm3 skin. Vision is a good concept but i don't like it. Can't please everyone smile.gif

I don't like:-
. The home screen thingy, i keep pressing the wrong way and it's a bit fiddley.
. Wide icons fade to quickly.
. Slows down when music is playing.
. Can't read some of the smaller witing on my SD T.V.
. Not as crisp as some other skins.

I do like:-
. The general look.
. The navigation sounds.

I'm still looking forward to seeing future updates and improvements. The potential is definately there.

KSHELLS

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2007, 05:49:00 AM »

this skin is sweet, i luv it good work NineT9 and the rest of the team.

BecomethemonsteR

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2007, 08:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(jimbobjim @ Mar 20 2007, 06:26 AM) *

. Can't read some of the smaller witing on my SD T.V.
. Not as crisp as some other skins.

Everyone must have a lousy Samsung TV or something on here.  I've used it on an SDTV, HDTV and even a Commadore 64 monitor that was made in 1438 and it looks fantastic on all of them.  I have had no problems with the crispness of the skin.

This post has been edited by BecomethemonsteR: Mar 20 2007, 03:09 PM

PantsOnFire

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2007, 10:28:00 AM »

I have a feature idea,

Since it seems like we're moving into a place where we have a DVD cover for example, a tv series..  and then a  thumbnail to represent each episode..

how about.. a feature that, when you take a screenshot of a video, it adds that as a thumb for the video you are watching?  (something like.. first screenshot taken is primary thumb of video), any subsequent screenshots are just stored in the screenshots directory.

sound good?

- note, not sure whether this would be a skin feature or xbmc feature... :s apologies if I posted in the wrong area. I figured that it has *some* relevance to skin because of the VISION poster's inclusion of thumbs packs for download.

Cheers.

elitegamer360

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »

I'm Amazed the skin is so awesome and the navigation is so creative and very nice, now thats my default skin. keep up the good work  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Feed back

1- cant go to Scripts from home sreen + scripts dont work !
2- we need more skin options like custom backgrounds  smile.gif  thankyou
3- I use the remote and I would love to see shutdown added to the skin.
4- font too smal I think & I'm not using my HDTV a normal crt @ 480p.
5- If you could move the sound volume level little bit down the screen and make it smaller will be great.

more feed back later ^.^

thnx biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Mar 19 2007, 10:33 PM) *

This is actually more of an xbmc issue because you will notice that when you go to the settings then back to the side menu it fades out a lot more like the other ones do so its less obvious.   The problem is in hat window I can't make the settings be the default control as its hardcoded to the menu items down the side so on window open the animation dosn't take place
Its a beta more views will be coming soonish you have to remember for me this is just a spare time factor between PM3 (you may of noticed a huge update to that) mc360 and Xbox-Classic and trust me making skins for xbmc is a very involved long process

'Jezz_X' like usual when you touch a skin you make it rock. PM3 is faster now  biggrin.gif

thnx

bootsy

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »

thx to the whole vision team. this skin is great great, it´s my new default skin smile.gif

i dont wanna start talking "do this, make that...", cuz it´s a beta...

just one thing:

pls add a "Restart XBMC" button to the shutdownmenu, not a big thing wink.gif

thx

gottastopdrinkin

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »

Lets not forget that this skin is in stage 4 of a 6 stage development. These are not the final graphics and overlays. So if you find it's not as crisp as it should be, just keep in mind theres quite a bit more development that will go into this before a final release.

Well done NineT9 and Jezz.
How many damn projects is Jezz involved in, she-it! I give props to you man  pop.gif  beerchug.gif .

untouchableabz

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2007, 02:00:00 PM »

Great skin, considering its a beta. Like the minimalistic look, more so than clearity skin. Only problem I have is:

The ON-SCREEN MENU WHEN PLAYING VIDEOS IS OBSTRUCTING. Maybe position it near the bottom or top, it would look and work a lot better.

Other than that its great. I got 3 xboxes, i've always used project mayhem skins. Never liked mc360, but this skin is definately an alternative I would consider.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49