xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: XBMC Clearity Skin Beta  (Read 5183 times)

babyblu

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #300 on: February 11, 2007, 12:07:00 PM »

@chucky the problem is that the test font doesnt show. All you had to do was change the font to a different one and it would have been fine. **Flame Comment Removed - Warning Added**

Thanks for the great skin Smoke and this will be my default skin as soon as the video freezing is fixed.

Does anyone know how I could edit/change the skin so the dark box around the icons and menus is not there. Is it the only thing i would like to change so that i can see the background image better.

Also If anyone wants to make it fill the screen alittle better so that the icons fill the screen set the skin zoom to about 14%. At that zoom nothing is cut off and it really fills the screen

babyblu

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #301 on: February 12, 2007, 10:32:00 AM »

OK major tom i must have read it wrong cuz i thought that in this thread is said it was a skin issues and it was also the only skin that I had this problem with. I will upated xmbc again the build im using is T3ch for feb 1st

lav-chan

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #302 on: February 13, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(hereschuckynow @ Feb 10 2007, 09:11 AM) View Post

Smoke is there a possability of u adding a wraplist 4 with no text like xTV? & increasing the pic size a little like the xTV.

FYI this is fairly easy to do for yourself, although i personally didn't want to invest enough time into it to figure out how to make it an additional option (as opposed to just replacing an existing one)*. Just do this:

(1) Open CommonContent.xml.

(2) Copy the whole section that contains the view you'd like to change (probably 'Common_BigWrapList' which is called 'Wrap 2' in the GUI), and paste it right after it, so you have two sections that are exactly the same in that file.

(3) In the section that you just pasted, change the first line from <include name="Common_BigWrapList"> to something else. (I just used <include name="Common_BigWrapListX">.) This ensures that you'll still have the old 'Wrap 2' if you ever want it back.

(4) Go down to the bottom of the section that you pasted, and remove the line that says <include>BigWrapInfo</include>. (All the labels are actually controlled by this one line. I think they're called from default.xml, if you ever wanted to edit them directly.)

(5) You can leave the rest of that file alone, or change it if you want. If you only change those two lines, you'll have created a view that looks just like 'Wrap 2' except with no labels. In any case, save that when you're done and over-write the version on your Xbox.

(6) To actually make this view usable, you'll have to make an include for it in each page that's going to use it. I only needed it on the Videos page, but you can put it anywhere i guess. Just open the appropriate XML files (for example, MyVideo.xml), go down to the bottom of the file, and replace the include for Common_BigWrapList with Common_BigWrapListX (or whatever you named it). Save, upload, reload the skin, and 'Wrap 2' in My Videos will be textless.

* Each view used on a particular 'page' (My Music, My Videos, &c.) has to have a unique ID number, and i didn't want to go randomly assigning ID numbers, because i have no idea which ones are already in use.

QUOTE(getonmyhypejp @ Feb 13 2007, 12:44 AM) View Post
Hey everybody I just updated my xbox media center, and got the newest build of clearity, and I went to get the thumbs for my videos, and there is no longer that option after hitting the white button, so what is wrong, did they change it, how do I get the thumbs now?

I think you want the 'Set Content' item. If you click that and change it to 'Video' or whatever, it'll give you an IMDB option.

QUOTE(getonmyhypejp @ Feb 13 2007, 12:44 AM) View Post
Also could there be a way to play a mp3 snippet when xbmc boots, I want to Play a snippet from jay-z's moment of clarity so when it boots up it says "thank god for givin me this moment of clarity, just a thought, but the thumb thing is more important, so thanks for whoever helps me

Since it's only a few seconds long, i would just make it a wav file and save it as /XBMC/skin/Clearity/sounds/startup.wav.

lav-chan

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #303 on: February 13, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »

(Sorry for double-posting, i can't seem to edit my last one.)

Hitcher

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #304 on: February 15, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »

It's the scroll bar, look in the Skin options to turn it off.

hereschuckynow

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #305 on: February 15, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »

lav-chan. Thank you for trying to help me. But no dice. It didn't work for me, but I could be doing something wrong. I have never been any good with this xml shit. dry.gif

hereschuckynow

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #306 on: February 15, 2007, 09:32:00 AM »

lav-chan...if u have the time could u edit the common & the video file & provide a download link to it. I would like to compare it to mine to see what the heck im doing wrong. Now im getting double text. Text on top & text at the bottom. smile.gif

hereschuckynow

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #307 on: February 15, 2007, 09:55:00 AM »

I GOT IT BRO! AFTER TINKERING AROUND FOR AWHILE I GOT IT TO WORK. THANK YOU. I AM SORRY I CAN'T HELP U BACK. biggrin.gif

lav-chan

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #308 on: February 16, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »

Good deal!

PhatStreet

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #309 on: February 16, 2007, 09:56:00 PM »

Very nice skin. One complaint I have is that a few of the icons, such as the earth (forgot its function) and the weather icons are rather cluttered, and don't really match the simplicity of the others. Other than that, this skin is great.

funkmasta

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #310 on: February 17, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »

I'm not able to download using TortoiseSVN (301 moved error). Is there some way to fix that or get it somewhere else?

j4y3m

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #311 on: February 19, 2007, 07:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(funkmasta @ Feb 18 2007, 01:50 AM) View Post

I'm not able to download using TortoiseSVN (301 moved error). Is there some way to fix that or get it somewhere else?
I had the same problem, I just had to change the URL to this one.

steve2493

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #312 on: February 20, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »

hi all

i'am having a few problem's using svn.

i've done every thing i:e got TortoiseSVN made folder and check out chearity, then click on the build.bat

then goto the build folder i see the folder for chearity, inside that folder is every thing accept the media folder.

this has happen's with every skin i've tryed to get using svn, does anyone no what i'am doing wroung?

cheers for your help!

lav-chan

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #313 on: February 23, 2007, 07:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(steve2493 @ Feb 20 2007, 12:22 PM) View Post
hi all

i'am having a few problem's using svn.

i've done every thing i:e got TortoiseSVN made folder and check out chearity, then click on the build.bat

then goto the build folder i see the folder for chearity, inside that folder is every thing accept the media folder.

this has happen's with every skin i've tryed to get using svn, does anyone no what i'am doing wroung?

cheers for your help!

I had this problem as well. The issue seems to be with one of the batch files (XBMCTex.bat), but strangely i haven't seen anybody else here complain of it.

The easiest solution is to just compile the xpr yourself. Open the media directory (that you got from the SVN) and inside there should be two files, one called XBMCTex.exe and another called XBMCTex.bat. Rename the .bat one to something else (XBMCTex2.bat, whatever). Then open a console at that directory and type xbmctex -quality max and it'll start compiling Textures.xpr from the files there.

When it's done, you can delete everything but the xpr from that directory. Or you can make a copy of the whole Clearity folder, and then delete everything but the xpr, if you want to save the originals.

I don't know why this problem occurs. The batch file absolutely refused to run properly every time i tried (for both xTV and Clearity), giving me a 'file not found' or similar error. When i opened the file in Notepad, the syntax seemed wrong, and i didn't want to mess with it, so i just ran xbmctex.exe myself. It obviously works for a lot of people, though, since this is the first time i've heard anybody else complain about it. And, actually, i just ran the batch file now to see what error it'd give me, and it completed successfully.

So... i have no idea. Some inconsistency with the start command maybe?

steve2493

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #314 on: February 24, 2007, 12:56:00 AM »

thanks very much i'll give it a try!!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23