xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: XBMC Clearity Skin Beta  (Read 5118 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« on: January 03, 2007, 10:55:00 PM »

XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
Posted by XanTium | January 4 00:19 EST

Smokehead released details and a beta of a new XboxMediaCenter(info) skin he's working on. It makes extensive use of the new XBMC v2.1 skinengine:

It's been a while since PDM has been updated, and some of you may wonder why. Well i can tell you that i was kind of busy these past months with personal as well other side projects and one of them was a new XBMC skin called "Clearity" or codename: "ProjectX". There were some goals that i wanted to accomplish but not many, one of them was to try and break the common button usage on the left and place them like tabs above the actual menu to increase space for the lists, panels, etc. also i wanted a clear looking skin with some custom options for users to use their own backgrounds if needed, so just the basic stuff.

It also takes advantage of the highly new and top-of-the-line XBMC skin engine features like new lists and icon panels, wich we can only thank one man for .. jmarshall. these include better handling of dialog overlays, better list and icon panels, Wraplists.., better .The skin is in beta stage and this means that there can be flaws, ..hmm there will be flaws, so please report them in this tread if you encounter one so they will get fixed sooner or later.. thx in advance.

You can download the latest beta code of this skin on the XBMC Skinning SVN (on win32/64 you can use TortoiseSVN to download from a SVN). Also note that you must be using a recent build of XBMC pre-v2.1 (like the latest SVN T3CH Build).
Thanks to pike for the news/link.
Full Story/Official Thread: xboxmediacenter.com forums.

gottastopdrinkin

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 09:43:00 PM »

Oh my god. Thanks Smokehead!
I'll go give this a try right now. Always good to get a surprise for/from the scene every once in a while. biggrin.gif

Tickethead

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »

Oh my this looks sweeet!  Downloading now and will report any bugs I find.

LETHAL ASSASIN

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »

looks simple and nice

Heet

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »

Now this is nice!  Thanks so much man!

love.gif

ibemonty2000

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 10:40:00 PM »

Wow. This skin is awesome. Absolutely great visual design.

gaming fanboy

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »

cant wait biggrin.gif

skyzerr33

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 10:53:00 PM »

How do you download this? do you have to download all the separate parts

Can't wait to try this looks good

This post has been edited by skyzerr33: Jan 4 2007, 06:53 AM

Nubbs

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 11:12:00 PM »

This is an absolutely awesome skin. i really like the BG changing option. Very cool smokehead. Very Cool.

Tranman

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 11:35:00 PM »

I had trouble with the SVN link that was listed...I had success with this

https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/Clearity

pennywisdom

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 11:54:00 PM »

im so psyched to try this skin but i cant seem to get it to work. i followed the instructions and updated to the newset xbmc, compiled the skin properly, but then when i go to switch to it, it is greyed out. sad.gif

i noticed one other person on the xbmc forums had this problem but fixed it by updating xbmc itself.
i already tried this and did a completely fresh install and still no luck. sad.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 12:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(pennywisdom @ Jan 4 2007, 06:01 PM) View Post

im so psyched to try this skin but i cant seem to get it to work. i followed the instructions and updated to the newset xbmc, compiled the skin properly, but then when i go to switch to it, it is greyed out. sad.gif

i noticed one other person on the xbmc forums had this problem but fixed it by updating xbmc itself.
i already tried this and did a completely fresh install and still no luck. sad.gif

then , and don't take this the wrong way you probably didn't update properly go into system info and check out what the actual build date it says down the bottom

pennywisdom

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 12:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Jan 4 2007, 02:32 AM) *

then , and don't take this the wrong way you probably didn't update properly go into system info and check out what the actual build date it says down the bottom

see thats the weird thing, it says january 2, 2006 - just like it should.

i guess all i can do is try downloading it again and starting from scratch. no biggie smile.gif looks like a good skin.

Aislin

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 01:21:00 AM »

I have no idea how to download this thing, and normally I wouldn't ask, but... How do I do it?
I installed that Tortoise thing and it hasn't done anything for me in Firefox or IE that I can see. :S

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Also is there anything at all out there that's comparable to XBMC for PC? I tried Windows Media Center edition and it just didn't cut it, and now that I have a 360, and my Xbox 1 is upstairs, I really really miss XBMC. I'm a sucker for album art and covers and all that. And cool skins like this. So if anyone knows of a similar app for pc that would be great.

This post has been edited by Aislin: Jan 4 2007, 09:27 AM

pennywisdom

• Archived User
XBMC Clearity Skin Beta
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 12:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Aislin @ Jan 4 2007, 02:52 AM) View Post

I have no idea how to download this thing, and normally I wouldn't ask, but... How do I do it?
I installed that Tortoise thing and it hasn't done anything for me in Firefox or IE that I can see. :S

Thanks for any help.

taken from xboxmediacentre forums:

jarod71:

Download TortoiseSVN.

Create a folder somewhere. Right click -> SVN Checkout.

Type in the URL of the repository:

https://xboxmediacen....enter/Clearity

That should be about it. You can go to http://xboxmediacenter.sourceforge.net if I screwed up the URL.

when youre done all of this, make sure you run the batch file in the folder in order to prepare the skin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23