xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Kaleidescape Skin  (Read 1977 times)

timo1023

• Archived User
Kaleidescape Skin
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

w84no1,

are you planning on continuing your modifications on PDM or are you just going to work on your own skin?

w84no1

• Archived User
Kaleidescape Skin
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2006, 06:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(timo1023 @ Dec 6 2006, 09:28 PM) *

w84no1,

are you planning on continuing your modifications on PDM or are you just going to work on your own skin?

I modified PDM to get the most out of the my video section while still matching the PDM skin.  I don't like to hack up other people's work.  To date, PDM is my favorite skin and I don't plan on messing it up anymore.

I am now trying to make a complete skin from scratch that will have a Kaleidescape like feel to it, at least for movies and music.  It will not be exactly like Kaleidescape, but I am trying to take the best parts of the Kaleidescape UI and put them in a skin.  I have 4 Xboxes with xbmc as the dashboard on all of them.  I use 3 out of the 4 exclusively for media centers.  My new skin will be geared toward that.  The Home.xml will be the hardest as I would like to have a clean interface with only icons (not sure what Kaleidescape looks like at startup?).  I am not much of a graphics person so I will have to find free graphics that I like to use with the skin.  It will be sometime before I finish it.

blaize

• Archived User
Kaleidescape Skin
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

hey w84no1,

If you need any help with this project, i'm willing to help out.
i'm sure we can help eachother.

-Blaize

w84no1

• Archived User
Kaleidescape Skin
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2006, 12:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(blaize @ Dec 7 2006, 10:35 AM) *

hey w84no1,

If you need any help with this project, i'm willing to help out.
i'm sure we can help eachother.

-Blaize

Just sent you a PM!

volve

• Archived User
Kaleidescape Skin
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »

Same here w84no1, if you want any help at all, just let me know.

Regardless, latest screenshots look great so keep it up!

-volve

dhrandy1

• Archived User
Kaleidescape Skin
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »

please continue this project

w84no1

• Archived User
Kaleidescape Skin
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

I will not be around for a couple of weeks, but as soon as I get back I will start on the full skin.

w84no1

• Archived User
Kaleidescape Skin
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2007, 10:40:00 AM »

OK some progress,
thanks to Smokehead and the awesome Clearity skin I have been able to look at the updated skinning engine syntax.  I have started a new skin and here are the only screen shots that I have right now.

IPB Image

IPB Image

blittan

• Archived User
Kaleidescape Skin
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »

not to be a critic, but with those small buttons, you will run into problem with the translated string (sort, stack, etc..) test it with some more languages before setting the size..

rockdawg

• Archived User
Kaleidescape Skin
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »

I think it would be helpful if you could display the title of the highlighted movie somewhere.  Maybe between the buttons and the item coount label? There's not much room there, but maybe you could make it scroll.  Just a thought.

I really hope this skin comes to fruition as I would love to have a display like that!

Tickethead

• Archived User
Kaleidescape Skin
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »

I agree with RockDawg on the placement of the movie title...  

Its nice to see you have picked this skin project back up!

Hey RockDawg, are you the same RockDawg that posts over at AVS Forums?  I am Scotty6595 over there...small world eh?

w84no1

• Archived User
Kaleidescape Skin
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »

I only know english, but I will see what it looks like with wider buttons.

As for the name of the file, I am working on something new and different  ph34r.gif , but if that doesn't work then I will make some room at the bottom of the page for the title.

Man there are so many screens involved with a skin, but I am using Clearity as a baseline as Smokehead has done an excellent job in coding to minimize on the clutter.

timo1023

• Archived User
Kaleidescape Skin
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(w84no1 @ Jan 10 2007, 11:40 AM) *

IPB Image

Looks great. I have an idea about displaying the movie title, but I don't know if it's possible. I was thinking about something like the music OSD in PM3, with the transparent black bar going across the screen. After like 3 seconds of hovering over a movie, the bar would come up around the title, showing on the movie cover that was selected in the row, and movie info would come up around the movie. I don't know if that is possible, though...

w84no1

• Archived User
Kaleidescape Skin
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(timo1023 @ Jan 10 2007, 06:35 PM) *

Looks great. I have an idea about displaying the movie title, but I don't know if it's possible. I was thinking about something like the music OSD in PM3, with the transparent black bar going across the screen. After like 3 seconds of hovering over a movie, the bar would come up around the title, showing on the movie cover that was selected in the row, and movie info would come up around the movie. I don't know if that is possible, though...

That is close to what I am trying to do:)

timo1023

• Archived User
Kaleidescape Skin
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(w84no1 @ Jan 10 2007, 08:20 PM) *

That is close to what I am trying to do:)

... I love you.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9