xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Patched King Kong Just Freezes  (Read 1127 times)

jamiecruickshank

• Archived User
Patched King Kong Just Freezes
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »

I have managed to get the Hitachi Xbox 360 to boot the KK disk and Pop out the Disc Drive but when i put a Linux DVD all it does is stick on the screen that is like a sillouette of a hill. I have tried the 3 disks but none work. I am desperate for help?
Kind Regards
Jamie Cruickshank

Icekiller2k6

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(jamiecruickshank @ Nov 15 2007, 11:28 PM) View Post

I have managed to get the Hitachi Xbox 360 to boot the KK disk and Pop out the Disc Drive but when i put a Linux DVD all it does is stick on the screen that is like a sillouette of a hill. I have tried the 3 disks but none work. I am desperate for help?
Kind Regards
Jamie Cruickshank

then you have the wrong kernel ..

Shmio

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2007, 02:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(wmxp @ Jul 19 2007, 11:53 PM) View Post

Fantastic! This information should be sticked somewhere, since it's the "King_Kong_Shader_Expliot_for_XELL.rar" package most people are using! I now have Linux running just fine. Yay!

Never occurred to me to ask for an MD5 signature. That would have revealed a lot. I got the same results as posted above:

Original NTSC xeshaders.bin: dccc01ffe4c0b0a056aab4342319a5fc

Correct NTSC patched xeshaders.bin: 13d026a7c1ae9c1330f607ff968b5678 (using KKPatcher.exe)

Incorrect NTSC patched xeshaders.bin: 3d2bb5af978b444525fff79f9eb7e941 (using win_patch.exe)
So for anyone reading this thread experiencing the same problem:
- Download: http://www.xbins.org...ot_for_XELL.rar , and extract the file "shader.bin" from the package.

- Download: http://www.xorloser....ShaderTools.zip , and extract "KKPatcher.exe" from the package.

- Apply the shader to your kingkong ISO with the new patcher. (NOT win_patch.exe! )

Works great!  Thanks guys

the_man_alan

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »

OK ... so I have flashed my DVD drive, patched King Kong and got me a live cd working all with no problems ... but seem to be stuck on the last hurdle ... installing Ubuntu.

I can't run the terminal, it asks me for a password which I don't know, to get around this I used ctrl-alt-f1 to get rid of x and the passwd to change the root password then logged on as root. Opening the terminal from this still wouldn't happen for me, no error message, its just that nothing happens. So I decided I could just ctrl-alt-f1 and run the shell script from there, which appeared to work but I got an error on line 14 and 15 of the script (the script for Ubuntu 7.10) and it stopped working.

Any ideas people???

I am at work at the moment so I can't be specific about any of the problems but if there is anything of particular use just let me know and I will post it when I get home.

Icekiller2k6

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shmio @ Nov 27 2007, 11:28 PM) View Post

Works great!  Thanks guys

go to the terminal and do this
sudo password root
then it will ask for a pass typ: azerty twice
then do su
then it will ask your pass typ azerty
then it will say 'you need to update your password'
typ azerty again && then type qwerty twice.. voila.. wink.gif

saso

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2008, 08:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Markos @ Aug 31 2007, 11:31 PM) View Post

It is working!!!!!!! biggrin.gif .

Extracted a patched xeshaders.bin from an US KK and put it on a NTSC/j KK, works like a charm!!!!

i did this method but it didn't work the MD5 for xeshaders.bin of us version dosn't match the jap ver

it gave me ""unplayable disk"" on x360

can any one help finding old king kong release jap region game i'll pay 4 that+shipping

regs
Pages: 1 2 [3]