xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Free60 Adds Linux Support for Toshiba-Samsung Drives  (Read 694 times)

Icekiller2k6

• Archived User
Free60 Adds Linux Support for Toshiba-Samsung Drives
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 08:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(BillMan @ May 3 2007, 03:06 PM) View Post

That is perfectly cool. I was just woundering how that was coming along was all.  And no kernal is unhackable.      All we need is a modchip that can hold two kernals. smile.gif   That way you can install a lil switch on the outside or hit a button on the controler when powering on to identify which kernal to load. hehehe.

But ya.  I do wish a softmod would happen soon.   Even though I am suprised it hasn't happened sooner yet.   But I'm more about the PS3 being moded then the X360.   got more power to run ya emulators for the bigger systems with that beast smile.gif

Anyways ya.    Can't wait smile.gif  Hope to see it sooner then everyone plans on.

every NAND is encrypted with the xbox360 box key.. so my NAND firmware won't work on your xbox360 ..

if you backed up your NAND before upgrading to a non-vulnerable it would be possible.

but... every xbox360 elite sold has a NON hackable firmware.. so its _still for the moment_ impossible

Marcian

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »

When should we expect the new Live-CD?

azerty007

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 11:01:00 AM »

there is on now i think??debian http://www.free60.or...erformance_gain

alexh

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2007, 05:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(BillMan @ May 3 2007, 03:06 PM) View Post

All we need is a modchip that can hold two kernals. smile.gif   That way you can install a lil switch on the outside or hit a button on the controler when powering on to identify which kernal to load. hehehe.

Where have you been? The 360 has these things called microfuses inside the chip. Certain milestone firmware upgrades blow these fuses. Once blown the CPU will not boot on a kernal below that version.

You cannot change the version number in the firmware because the files are specially signed.

Most users have already upgraded beyond the Microfuse point that would have allowed them to "downgrade" to the hackable Kernel.

azerty007

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2007, 02:06:00 AM »

I can't see were is the new livecd. can someone help me?

Marcian

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2007, 03:52:00 AM »

@azerty:
It's not there yet.
Wouldn't have thought it would be difficult for those people. But sadly it's to difficult for me to make a new one.
Pages: 1 [2]