xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Voip Cid Script  (Read 242 times)

j_guzzler

• Archived User
Voip Cid Script
« on: July 01, 2005, 01:23:00 AM »

K, I have VOIP now (love it) and have been trying to find a script to display caller ID info on the xbox, the only script I could find that works with VOIP is XCID off xbmcscripts.com.  However, I get it installed, run the test, the test shows up on the xbmc, but nothing happens when I get a call.  Now, I use Primus as my VOIP provider, and it has a pc based CID pop up, so I know the thing is giving out CID info.....DOes anyone know how to get the XCID thing working (or help me to get it working) or want to work on a fresh script?

j_guzzler

• Archived User
Voip Cid Script
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 01:24:00 PM »

Bump, someone has to have VOIP!!! and is interested in displaying the CID info on the xbox, when you are watching a movie or something????

Yuyu

• Archived User
Voip Cid Script
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 04:17:00 PM »

I have AT&T CallVantage VoIP and I use the YAC program and script combination found HERE. Basically, the phone cord that is hooked up to the back of my VoIP Gateway, goes to a modem phone line input on the PC running the YAC PC software. A phone line is then run from the modem phone line output to the back of my cordless phone system. I have autoexec.py setup to startup the Yac caller id python script when XBMC starts up. Works liek a charm for me. Hope this helps.

QUOTE(j_guzzler @ Jul 5 2005, 02:28 PM)
Bump, someone has to have VOIP!!! and is interested in displaying the CID info on the xbox, when you are watching a movie or something????

j_guzzler

• Archived User
Voip Cid Script
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 07:04:00 PM »

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I dont have a phone line modem (didnt ever think I would need one).  Thought that since the info pops up on my pc screen anyways, that there would be something that could grab this information and display it on the xbox like the yac program, without the modem line.  I tried the XCID script off the xbmcscripts webpage and it supposed to work with VOIP, I tried it out, ran the test and the test number shows up on my xbox, so that connection is good, just the XCID to VOIP just isnt working.

THanks for the reply though, will keep pluggin away, if I can figure it out, I guess I will break down and by the $2.30 56k modem for my pc.....

bozo8787

• Archived User
Voip Cid Script
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 01:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(j_guzzler @ Jul 6 2005, 03:08 AM)
THanks for the reply though, will keep pluggin away, if I can figure it out, I guess I will break down and by the $2.30 56k modem for my pc.....

I have the same issue though I don't have voip. I get the test call on the xbox. And when I call my house I c the xcic pc app says ringing.

I'm trying to get in touch with its creator on IRC TeknoJuce @ #XBMC on effnet. Perhaps if u have irc u too could try and maybe send him these post.

j_guzzler

• Archived User
Voip Cid Script
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »

I have no clue how to use the #XBMC channels, never used them before, but it would be great if we could get ahold of the guy, the application is great, would be a definate bonus...

bozo8787

• Archived User
Voip Cid Script
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 01:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(j_guzzler @ Jul 10 2005, 10:55 PM)
I have no clue how to use the #XBMC channels, never used them before, but it would be great if we could get ahold of the guy, the application is great, would be a definate bonus...

It's extremely easy
1 download irc (if u have windows its called mirc) and its free.
Select server to be efnet
then when prompted for the channel to join, type #xbmc
and ur in
And now u could chat with the devoloper in real time.:)

teknojuce

• Archived User
Voip Cid Script
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »

Sorry I didn’t mention the fact that yes even voip needs a hardware modem they are cheap and some times free from a friend that doesn’t know the power they can unleash with caller-id  :P just splice your phone line from your voip box/router to your phone and modem or voip --> 56kmodem --> phone cuz most modems besides laptops offer the line out :boring:  I know modems are arcane technology and would be better if it could grab the caller info from the voip pc software but I haven’t looked into it yet hopefully there’s a standard in there some where on how voip services serve the caller info over the network to there proprietary software.
also some really ancient modems wont support callerid, try different cid strings in the drop down box may help if it does support it but not showing any information if you click the book button, then the log button it will show you if your reciving the information fine kind of all the information the application is reciving from the modem.