xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Quicktime Browser Problems  (Read 118 times)

Ecrofirt

• Archived User
Quicktime Browser Problems
« on: May 26, 2005, 12:02:00 AM »

I compile my own builds, and I'm having a problem with the QuicktimeBrowser script. I've got friends who use builds they download from various places, like the iND builds and ones at various sites, and they've got this exact problem as well.

With the browser, I'm getting a problem where when I try and watch a trailer, it'll do one of the following:
1) Download, and play with no audio
2) Download, start to play, and freeze my Xbox
3) Download and do nothing

This isn't a problem with python as far as I can tell, because that's been working fine for months. My SimpleKML script also works fine, so this isn't a problem with the image library stuff.

This leads me to believe the script itself is buggy. Is this the case? Can ANYONE help me? I've been pulling my hair out for a week trying to get this to work correctly.

I do a fresh install every time I update, and I make sure to delete 0face008, so it's not problems with that.

barbaenzo

• Archived User
Quicktime Browser Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »

I am having similar probelms but was able to fix most of them by reverting my resolution back to 480p 16:9. That immediately solved the sound issue and download problems. Oddly enough I can download the trailers and play them in my perferred 1080i 16:9 resolution outside of QuickTimeBrowser. I am having an issue where if after I finish viewing trailers and then exit back out to the main menu, it freezes up the whole XBMC, even the RSS feed is frozen...??? I am using the latest build that I know of... 2005-05-30. Hope this helps.