xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Few (fairly) New Scripts  (Read 259 times)

ProDoc

• Archived User
A Few (fairly) New Scripts
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »

smile.gif got that fixed as well, but I still can't get BitXbox to work in ´so that when I load the Python, a FileSelector should appear... but it doesn't?? the source is set to '' but stilll nothing

rich-hard

• Archived User
A Few (fairly) New Scripts
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2005, 05:43:00 PM »

BitXbox will work for downloading the files with your xbox.  I haven't used it, so I don't know how to set it up.  I prefer using ABC, because that way I can use my Xbox while files are downloading.   If you have a different bit torrent client for PC, check to see if it will monitor a directory for .torrent files.  If it does, you can set it up to FTP the torrents to that directory. (It may also work to set it to LOCAL and use an SMB path, but I haven't tried that)

Since I personally don't have any use for downloading the files using the Xbox itself, I haven't really spent much time trying to develop this feature, but for anyone out there who does have an interest in this and knows a little about python, maybe you might think about modifying BitXbox so that it runs on startup and monitors your torrent directory (say on a 5 minute interval or something) and downloads a specified number of files at a time in separate threads (or even just 1 at a time).

Judging by all the questions I get about the TorrentBrowser, I would say this would be a very popular script.
Pages: 1 [2]