xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Using Xbmc As Mp3 Server  (Read 111 times)

keithacole

• Archived User
Using Xbmc As Mp3 Server
« on: March 02, 2005, 09:41:00 PM »

ok.. heres how it started..

im looking into getting 2 pda's, actually a mini laptop and a pda, both to be running CE 3.0+. on one of my other forums it was told to me that M$ has software that streams audio.. so i looked into it, and it takes alot of work, you gotta create .wax files for every mp3 you have and tell it the location and all that kinda crap, so then i started searching google for mp3 servers and found a few interesting facts

1. Linux has software that does this already
    b. i dont want to run it through linux, then i cant utalize xbmc while the wife is working out in the gym listening to mp3s on the pda

2. i can run it through my main pc.. even though i store all the mp3s on the box, but i dont want to do that

3. i found a python script that does this already.. it just needs to be put on and http server and then modified

my plan is that we can get together and modify the default http server to not play mp3s, videos, display pictures on the box, but instead send them to the client, the client viewing the page.

resources

Edna Mp3 Server

Martinicum

• Archived User
Using Xbmc As Mp3 Server
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 07:44:00 AM »

Im a sort of a n00b in xbmc but im using edna as my streaming server at home. Its running on a PC. Enda can produce a m3u file that I then transfere to the XBOX. Now I was thinking could it be possible to access the web-page that Edna produces from the XBOX instead, so that I through this could produce any playlist, without having to start a PC.

I was thinking something like a script that parses the content of the edna hompage.

twinski9909

• Archived User
Using Xbmc As Mp3 Server
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »

I'm down to help.  Just get it going and fill me in, but i will probably have to learn as i go.

keithacole

• Archived User
Using Xbmc As Mp3 Server
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 04:27:00 PM »

edna has 2 be rewrote to work in xbmc....

but i dropped the idea sincce the release of damn small linux