xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Youtube  (Read 81 times)

docile

• Archived User
Youtube
« on: February 01, 2007, 02:56:00 AM »

hi, I'm pretty new to the xbox media centre and have just installed the youtube python script and have 2 questions:

- Is it possible to change/save a different default user that's displayed when you try to view users videos or favorites? This would save having to type in my user name each time..
- Also, when I choose to view a user's favorite videos, only one page of videos is displayed with no option to view the rest of the user's favorite videos.

Ideally you should add the videos you want to your youtube favorites on a computer, then access them from the script. If this is possible, what am i doing wrong?!

Thanks for any help..  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Nawlage

• Archived User
Youtube
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »

I strongly agree with the previous ideas, allthough i have a few of my own.
1st and for-most ... there needs to be an option to search the Youtube video database by KeyWord rather than just by UserName...

if someone can intergrate it into the python script, maybe this html string might help...

<DIV id=searchDiv>
<FORM action=/results id=searchForm method=get name=searchForm><INPUT
class=searchField maxLength=128 name=search_query tabIndex=10000> &nbsp; <INPUT name=search type=submit value=Search> </FORM></DIV>

math0ne

• Archived User
Youtube
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 08:15:00 AM »

You can change the default user name by opening up the .py file in a text editor and doing a find/replace all on the name.

I think with the most current version you can search by keyword.