xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Youtubefirefoxremote Work For Anyone?  (Read 162 times)

supremeone

• Archived User
Youtubefirefoxremote Work For Anyone?
« on: November 05, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »

Theres 2 new scripts using the firefox remote, one for youtube and another for dailymotion.  I just want to figure out a way to stream dailymotion videos to xbox.  Using firefox seemed like the easiest.  But it doesn't work.

I got new version of xbmc and I tried loading the script first and not loading it and just leaving default xbmc paeg on.  I definitely used youtube videos as well when I tried this.

For the firefox extension settings i put:
xbox ip:  192.168.1.104    (which is right)
path to file:  E:\apps\XBMC\scripts\YouTubeFireFoxRemote.0.1\scripts\youtubeRemote\youtubeRemote.py\

But I even tried just the directory path itself.  Then I even tried these same methods on another pc.  Still nothing.  Anyone else have some success?

Grudge

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »

in firefox you need to goto tools>extensions
then click xbmc and hit options
enter your xbox ip and path to the script

then in xbmc goto options and turn on enable web server

finally in firefox right click the file and click send link to xbmc, no need to do a thing on your xbox just run it

speciestraitor

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »

I have an issue with it also - the script runs and shows the first 2 dialog boxes - but does nothing after it says:

'Getting Video ID from YouTube'

my xbmc log has this error after I try to send the link with no .dat file on my E: (I manually delete it if one has been created previously):

12:16:36 M: 40005632 WARNING: FILE::cache: the file Z:\xbmcTemp.tmp has a length of 0 bytes
12:16:36 M: 40005632   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file E:\youtubeid.dat
12:16:39 M: 34181120   ERROR: Scriptresult: Error

when I try to send another link to it witha .dat file present:

12:20:37 M: 40632320 WARNING: FILE::cache: the file Z:\xbmcTemp.tmp has a length of 0 bytes
12:20:40 M: 34082816   ERROR: Scriptresult: Error

is the error I get.

the youtubeid.dat file created is a 0 byte file also.

So the script works - there is just an issue with writing the file to my xbox I suppose.

Anyone have suggestions how to fix this?

This post has been edited by speciestraitor: Nov 5 2006, 08:42 PM

reptilexcq2

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 06:43:00 PM »

It doesn't work!! It seems like the XBMC doesn't support flash file or something.

Grudge

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 12:00:00 AM »

im not sure i dont get any errors like that it works pretty good on my end other than random errors caused by some links (not all daily motion links work for me)....

have you tried sending links from other daily motion sites? i have bad luck with several sites listing dailymotion videos

DaBeast77

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »

Where can i find the dailymotion script?