xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Streamaudio.com  (Read 117 times)

MourningWood

• Archived User
Streamaudio.com
« on: March 22, 2006, 07:31:00 PM »

I'm trying to stream my local radiostations but I get this filling its not works such as freezing when I try to open the link to the strm file.  I think you need their player to listen to it on the computer but i'm not sure.  If anyone has tried to do this and succeded please let me know.  I think it would add the nice cherry on top to everything else that I've done on XBMC.

mike315

• Archived User
Streamaudio.com
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 12:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(MourningWood @ Mar 23 2006, 03:02 AM) *

I'm trying to stream my local radiostations but I get this filling its not works such as freezing when I try to open the link to the strm file.  I think you need their player to listen to it on the computer but i'm not sure.  If anyone has tried to do this and succeded please let me know.  I think it would add the nice cherry on top to everything else that I've done on XBMC.

While streaming in your browser, you can: right click on the wmp player --> goto properties --> cutnpaste the .asx stream link.

Inside that .asx contains the mms:// streams which you can cutnpaste into a .strm file if you wish.

edit: Its worth it to note that all the streams seem to be at 23kbps, which is low quality. You get what you pay for a I guess lol.

This post has been edited by mike315: Mar 26 2006, 08:24 PM

MourningWood

• Archived User
Streamaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 07:15:00 AM »

Thanks, Im going to give it a try