xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Problems With Launchbrowser 1.8  (Read 472 times)

letmein

• Archived User
Problems With Launchbrowser 1.8
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 10:48:00 AM »

I just checked XBMCScripts and version 1.8.5 is posted.  I just downloaded it and will install.

I post what the results are if this version works or not.

letmein

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »

Installed 1.8.5 and same thing... will not pull the videos down.

JustinT9669

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(letmein @ Apr 12 2006, 09:51 AM) View Post

Installed 1.8.5 and same thing... will not pull the videos down.

great... sleep.gif

ZAP

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 04:11:00 PM »

Anyone know what was actually changed/updated in 85?  I tried it and it's exactly the same, still broken.  I got so happy when I first saw it sad.gif

Samurai Waffle

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 09:12:00 PM »

I got 1.85 to work once.  It played one video, and then after that it stopped playing videos alltogether, nothing changed after I watched the video so I'm not really sure why it worked...

grindar

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 02:47:00 AM »

Maybe Yahoo! is like the Borg and has already adapted...

grindar

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 07:21:00 AM »

Good news...the latest build of xbmc played feel good inc on the first try. Will try other videos later. And Lonely Day by SOAD. Apparently, it is fixed.

This post has been edited by grindar: Apr 13 2006, 02:22 PM

grindar

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »

It's not working with all vidoes though, I can't get any rammstein videos to play, nor disturbed, and only some of korn, but I haven't tried every one yet.

BigSteel

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 12:14:00 PM »

I gotta tell you, that letter was probably the dumbest thing you could have done.  Why do you think they want you to sign up and use the launch browser?  Ever noticed the ads and the ability to buy music etc off the site?  Hmmm... we don't get that when we use XBMC.  I think yahoo is going to take your letter and say "Great, we accomplished exactly what we wanted".

This post has been edited by BigSteel: Apr 13 2006, 07:15 PM

WampaOne

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »

agreed... ^

a little off topic, anybody with scripting abilities maybe able to write a script for aol music videos?  my apologies if this is a really, really dumb question.

Jaxter

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 07:29:00 PM »

When i found out launch.com stopped working, i also went looking for alternative sites we could use to script.
Problems i found were that most want you to sign up (and/or pay), or use java, which is harder to extract URLs from (if at all possoble.) Some sites also use flash, which unless you can build a SWF decompiler into XBMC , and extract the URLs from the source, were pretty screwed.

Pantera Opeth

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 07:37:00 AM »

I've been trying it out for the first time since I got the 1.8 version or whatever, and from what I can tell, as soon as you find a video that will play, any video will play after that.  At least that's how it's working for me, I tried maybe 5 videos before I found one that would load, then every video I tried after that loaded.

sting369

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 06:23:00 PM »

well im not shaking from withdrawls anymore, i thank the person that has release 1.8.5, but like everyone else am getting hits and misses. most are misses, as i have only gotten 2 videos to play, feel good inc, and the gift (seether).

barbaenzo

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 10:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pantera Opeth @ Apr 20 2006, 06:08 AM) *

I've been trying it out for the first time since I got the 1.8 version or whatever, and from what I can tell, as soon as you find a video that will play, any video will play after that.  At least that's how it's working for me, I tried maybe 5 videos before I found one that would load, then every video I tried after that loaded.

Panther Opeth: Do you remember what video you were first able to play, before the others started to work? I haven't been able to get it to work for a while... and unlike sting369, I am shaking and getting the "cold sweats"...  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) ... it's a habit I just can't break... I hope someone can come up with a workaround soon...

Signed,

Desperately seeking working LaunchBrowser.py

ScrapMaker

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »

Obviously he was kidding about sending that email to Yahoo...

like the hoaxes on the net, "I trimmed my videocard to fit in the slot, now what do I do?"

clearly NO ONE would really send an email like that, because it just brings it to their attention...
Pages: 1 [2] 3