xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Interesting Idea For The Quicktime Script.  (Read 89 times)

djdafreund

• Archived User
Interesting Idea For The Quicktime Script.
« on: February 21, 2006, 08:35:00 PM »

I noticed depending on which recent quicktime scripts. (normal quicktime, quicktime-1.37, quicktime-1.37mod) they haven't been working. I've seen enough posts now to confirm this is true. Something was broke, after trying the quicktime-1.37mod script in newest build (Build my own CVS, but grabbed 2-20-06 build to get the newest quicktime script.) It's working now, BUT i did notice an error "Error 2, no such directory \\scripts\\quicktime.." and cuts off. No line, no way of knowing.

Here's my proposed idea. Wouldn't it make sense to ALL scripters as well as skinners, to keep unity in the script structures? Directories the same used, and ESPECIALLY having the same directory used between all skins within the subdirectory (IE- Orb uses a different directory then say PM3 for example of location of the quicktime script.)  so that all skins all use the same location of the QuicktimeBrowser. (IE-\\scripts\\quicktimebrowser), not '\\scripts\\', not '\\scripts\\Quicktimebrowser-1.37\\', not '\\scripts\\Quicktimebrowser-1.37mod', so a user doesn't keep having to manually change the skin submenu xml file to make sure it's pointing to the right place, if all skinners are using the same directory location.

As well as the scripter himself that is making sure the directories inside the script is always the same either.

Just my idea's, and 2 cents worth. What's your take?