xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Recommended Xbmc Scripts?  (Read 127 times)

just1ncase

• Archived User
Recommended Xbmc Scripts?
« on: January 12, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »

Hello,

I was wondering what useful XBMC scripts do you recommend using.  Right now, I am currently using "LaunchBrowser" and "QuicktimeBrowser."  I tried iFilmPlayer and Gamespot Plus, but I ended up removing them because it was extremely unstable and I wasn't able to stream any videos.  Please let me know since I haven't gotten any luck in finding any working & stable XBMC scripts.

Thanks.

thesickest

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 06:39:00 PM »

the Launch script for streaming content from http://launch.yahoo.com is nice, along with the shoutcast browser for internet radio it's pretty much all you need, yahoo has a pretty nice catalogue of on-demand vids and unless you often find yourself seeking something obscure it should prove to be very effective. Anyone know where to find new launch script?

*edit* i got all my scripts with a 'scene edition' of xbmc that already had everything setup, very easy if you mod a lot of xbox's, might try finding a scene edition on a torrent, but i've never trusted torrents... get my files elsewhere*

This post has been edited by thesickest: Jan 16 2006, 02:42 AM

just1ncase

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 11:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(thesickest @ Jan 15 2006, 05:10 PM) *

the Launch script for streaming content from http://launch.yahoo.com is nice, along with the shoutcast browser for internet radio it's pretty much all you need, yahoo has a pretty nice catalogue of on-demand vids and unless you often find yourself seeking something obscure it should prove to be very effective. Anyone know where to find new launch script?

*edit* i got all my scripts with a 'scene edition' of xbmc that already had everything setup, very easy if you mod a lot of xbox's, might try finding a scene edition on a torrent, but i've never trusted torrents... get my files elsewhere*

Thanks for the reply!, I already have the LaunchBrowser currently installed in my XBMC and it's working great, but I don't use the Shoutcast browser.  Is it worth getting?  Is the internet radio similiar to Apple's podcasting?

BeltPhed

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 04:25:00 PM »

I really like myTv. Simple to install and very, very handy.

just1ncase

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(BeltPhed @ Jan 18 2006, 02:56 PM) *

I really like myTv. Simple to install and very, very handy.

Cool! I'll check it out @ xbmcscripts website.