xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Poker Timer  (Read 641 times)

xescher

• Archived User
Poker Timer
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 12:08:00 AM »

#1 - So you say that I can hide the pad, then do something else with the XBox, like change the playlist or use a new visualization, and then unhide the pad?  If that works then it is sufficient.  Usually during breaks I get a lot of questions on how the Xbox works, so I would like to pause the timer, and then give a tour of XBMC.  I don't need to run any scripts, but at least use all of the menus.  And then bring the pad back to focus after the break.

As far as hiding the pad, I think of it like using Alt-Tab in windows to switch between tasks.  While I can hide the pad, I am unclear on how to bring it back up.  I want it to continue running, but I want to be able to do other stuff as well without losing it.  Any way to have the script know that if I try to run it again, and it is already running (just hidden), that it just needs to unhide itself?

#2 - Let's say that we are 2/3rds the way through the tournament and something happens, being able to reboot and start the timer at the 5th level would be great.  Even if we had to wait around for 5 minutes to "sync" up with where we left off would be nice.  If you are interested in doing this let me know, otherwise I will start looking at the code.  

Thanks.

ps. sorry for the delay, I never got an email saying that you had replied.

j_guzzler

• Archived User
Poker Timer
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »

#1 would be great if it could be done somehow.  I use this script most of all and would like to see some updates.

I find that unless I work the timer/Xbox, anyone else who touches it resets it, or messes something up.  I dont think that adding kemap support would be that bad, especially since most who use scripts a) know how to fiddle with the keymap cool.gif there are still a few buttons that arent used.  I mysefl never use the "screenshot" button and would easily replace that to have the script hiden in the background.....

Chaseskip

• Archived User
Poker Timer
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »

I have both Poker Timer & Poker Timer II installed.
Poker Timer works well, but Poker Timer II will not run at all.
Am I missing something?
I have done search after search looking for info.....

I am running the latest XBMC to date 2007/07/09.

This post has been edited by Chaseskip: Jul 12 2006, 08:17 PM

d9ciarav

• Archived User
Poker Timer
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chaseskip @ Jul 12 2006, 04:43 PM) View Post

I have both Poker Timer & Poker Timer II installed.
Poker Timer works well, but Poker Timer II will not run at all.
Am I missing something?
I have done search after search looking for info.....

I am running the latest XBMC to date 2007/07/09.

I'm having the same problem.  I update XBMC regularly, and Poker Timer II was working for a while, but I can confirm it hasn't been working since the 6/6/06 release, and probably longer.  I know there are a lot of changes taking place within XBMC right now, moving toward the 2.0 release, but I really liked version 2 of the timer.  It really is superior to the first, and it would be great if someone could get it going again.

nuka1195

• Archived User
Poker Timer
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 08:13:00 PM »

Poker Timer II still works with new builds. You won't have a BG image in MC360 as I rely on the skin having a panel2.png.

I think the problem is I didn't include _xmlplus libraries. It's necessary. It needs to be unzipped. you can place it in your system/lib/ or the scripts extras folder. leave the folder intact just make sure it's unzipped.

i uploaded it here

#1 It would be hard to allow focus to leave the script and be able to start and stop the timer. Any suggestions would be considered.

#2. I forgot. I'll look into it though.

This post has been edited by nuka1195: Jul 14 2006, 03:16 AM

j_guzzler

• Archived User
Poker Timer
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 09:13:00 PM »

Nice to see that people are still using this sweet app, I love it and would love to see it devlope more....

d9ciarav

• Archived User
Poker Timer
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2006, 01:41:00 AM »

just so i understand clearly, i extract then transfer the _xmlplus folder into /system/python/Lib/, or do i move the contents of the _xmlplus folder into the Lib folder?

nm, got it working, and i've got to say it's great!  really good work on v2!

Chaseskip

• Archived User
Poker Timer
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »

WOW!

That is TOTALLY AWESOME!

Thanks!

I opened the config file & edited it, transferred to XBox only to find all the editing capabilities added in.
This is AWESOME!

Thanks again!
smile.gif

d9ciarav

• Archived User
Poker Timer
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »

If you want to use this script in MC360 but don't like the look without a background, go here and download the panel2.png image.  FTP it to your XBMC /skin/MC360/media folder, and restart the script.  Now, you've got the background panel for PMIII, showing up in MC360.

nuka1195

• Archived User
Poker Timer
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2006, 01:13:00 PM »

updated: All libraries and graphics are included.

I also added the start at any level that was requested.

here is the thread to post any bug reports and find a download link (It's in SVN). http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23949

This post has been edited by nuka1195: Dec 31 2006, 09:13 PM
Pages: 1 [2]