xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Scriptrunner For Xbmc  (Read 832 times)

ThreeZee

• Archived User
Scriptrunner For Xbmc
« on: February 02, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »

ScriptRunner is something I pondered and finally worked on.  It should be nearing the stages of an initial release tonight.

ScriptRunner is a self-contained program, which requires internet access on the Xbox, and will allow you to download new scripts (auto installed), run previously downloaded scripts, and will automatically keep track of any new updates for scripts downloaded through ScriptRunner.

The program itself has the built-in functionality to automatically update itself.

ScriptRunner.py (download)

(IMG:http://spirit.veritynet.net/~threezee/sr_main.gif)

Please let me know of any issues, bugs, problems, ideas, suggestions, etc..

Hades_666

• Archived User
Scriptrunner For Xbmc
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »

Nice job. I like.

incognegro

• Archived User
Scriptrunner For Xbmc
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »

is it useless without the internet?

tslayer

• Archived User
Scriptrunner For Xbmc
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Feb 4 2005, 01:34 AM)
is it useless without the internet?

Nope.. Not useless without the internet.. You can open it and learn from it :)

Otherwise, as stated in the first post and the description:

ScriptRunner is a self-contained program,which requires internet access on the Xbox, and will allow you to download new scripts (auto installed), run previously downloaded scripts, and will automatically keep track of any new updates for scripts downloaded through ScriptRunner.

TS

djdafreund

• Archived User
Scriptrunner For Xbmc
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 01:52:00 AM »

Hey, i like that a lot. Thanks a bunch. Looks very usefull.

ThreeZee

• Archived User
Scriptrunner For Xbmc
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 04:53:00 PM »

ScriptRunner has been updated (manage local scripts also) and added in the Yahoo Video Search script (still beta)!

lusken

• Archived User
Scriptrunner For Xbmc
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2005, 02:53:00 AM »

My opinion:
This is the best thing that has happened to xbmc scripts since xbmc started supporting scripts!

Thanks!!

PS. It would be great if non-installed scripts would not appear on the same page as the installed ones.

Viperdonkey

• Archived User
Scriptrunner For Xbmc
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »

script runner owns! I think you have done a great job with it. I downloaded scriptrunner.py  and scriptrunner1.py when i read this post to see what it was about. The only problem im having with it is minor, i have to run scriptrunner.py and it will show me the scriptrunner screen saying it cant find any streams or something. Then i back out of that and run scriptrunner1.py and it pulls up Scriptrunner with streams. Does this happen to anyone else?

I saw the awesome looking euroTV guide thing and it works! sweet! too bad im not in europe ohmy.gif( Is there one for the South Eastern US?

I was also wondering about euroTV channels, someone posted somwhere in this forum about being able to watch like swedish tv and BBC. During my travels i have become attached to the BBC stations (i know... its sad haha) and i would really like to be able to watch them on my box. Any suggestions?

Job well done on script runner. I hope others will check it out and start using it too

Viper

Fr0x

• Archived User
Scriptrunner For Xbmc
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 04:36:00 PM »

Good Job,..I love it biggrin.gif

Isn't there like a winamp video streams script tongue.gif Or somethin' like that? Which you can add?

But GJ beerchug.gif

logicbomb.de

• Archived User
Scriptrunner For Xbmc
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 11:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Viperdonkey @ Feb 12 2005, 11:54 AM)
script runner owns! I think you have done a great job with it.

Agreed.  :beer:

Great job on this fine piece of python magic!!!

BTW,  newer builds of XBMC found on USENET compiled by hDy have this script precompiled into the build. so if anyone happens to get their builds from this, hDy has been including the best scripts out there, including Script Runner.

Again,  excellent work, man!!

madii

• Archived User
Scriptrunner For Xbmc
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2005, 04:03:00 AM »

I put scriprunner on my xbox today and the first time i used it, it was doing great.
But then a video i was watching on launch.com froze and so i restarted my xbox.  
When i tried to load up scriptrunner again, it says that it can't find any downloads.
Now I can't see nothing.  I don't know what happened.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

beafish

• Archived User
Scriptrunner For Xbmc
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2005, 01:08:00 AM »

Great script!

Is there any way of changing the buffer settings for videos?  My slow internet connection won't keep up with the stream  sad.gif

ta.

Splinter

• Archived User
Scriptrunner For Xbmc
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 01:15:00 AM »

This is really nice. i usually stay away from scripts since most of what i have are dumb or I don't know what they are. This is cool though. i like how it updated itelf apparently. This deserves to be included with XBMC. It is something anyone who uses scripts will like. Keep up the good work.

Did you create the Yahoo search?

Lazybones

• Archived User
Scriptrunner For Xbmc
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »

Since there are only 2 official skins that work with the latest releases and both have a sub menu item for scripts, would it be possible to update this list?

I noticed the first time I ran script runner that it installed new versions of some of my scripts in a different sub folder, this broke the link in the sub menu xml file for the skin I use.

I am sure this would help many noobs who don't know how to correct the links in the skin file.

keithacole

• Archived User
Scriptrunner For Xbmc
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(beafish @ Feb 21 2005, 02:14 AM)
Great script!

Is there any way of changing the buffer settings for videos?  My slow internet connection won't keep up with the stream  :(

ta.

settings----> system---> Internet Buffer

whats up with the mycalender script.. i would ask in XBMC forums but still cant get in there... its in english, but its still in French, and then i cant see where the cursur is.. u try it yet?

This post has been edited by keithacole: Feb 23 2005, 09:20 PM
Pages: [1] 2