xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live Connection Problem! Update Fails  (Read 857 times)

kiaora3000

• Archived User
Xbox Live Connection Problem! Update Fails
« on: December 08, 2005, 03:20:00 AM »

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me. I have just got my 360 and have been trying to get connected to live. Im having a weird problem and its driving me insane.

I have my xbox connected to my pc via a network card, with my pc being connected to a router via an alternate NIC for internet. The router is connected to an NTL(UK) set-top box. The set top box has no settings to tweak or ip addresses to assign so im pretty sure the problem cant be occurring here.

I have all pc's connected to the router on my home network set with static ip's and all can connect to the router and receive internet fine.

The first time I connected my 360 to the network, i set it up and managed to complete all of the network checks up until it checked for xbox live and failed. This is fair enough as I havent set it up yet. The 360 prompted me to download an update which i accepted. A message is then displayed almost instantly stating that the update has failed, and after this message has been displayed, I cant get past the DNS check on the network setup. This remains unless I reset the router, at which point i manage to get up to the stage where the update is attempted and again it fails. I have tried forwarding ports 88 and 3074 on my router and this has not made any difference. I have even tried turning the firewall on my router off altogether and still I only get as far as applying the update.

I can connect to my pc ok in order to share media, so it seems that the xbox and the pc are communicating ok, im just stumped as to where the problem is occurring.

Any help will be much appreciated guys, this is driving me crazy

kiaora3000

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 01:46:00 AM »

Anybody ????

JaseDaMase

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 04:51:00 PM »

I am using ICS and get the same problem and its driving me insane too.

adelhier

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 02:07:00 AM »

I just had the close to the same problem as what you state.  Mine was it would not pass MUT test and that would not let it update.

What is did was place the Xbox one on the DMZ and two i found out if i update teh MUT to some number it would would work just for the little time after i hit ok.  

So i updated teh MUT on my router and hit update and i got it to go.

Andy