xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: FreeStyle Dash v2.0 RC1.2  (Read 1006 times)

colemanuk

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash v2.0 RC1.2
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »

Hi Guys
Many thanks to the fsd team for making my dashboard looking so good!
I have weird problem im not sure if any1 can help me with this;
I can only auto-update and gain web access on the xbox when using my xbox wifi adaptor.
When using my ethernet cable it allows me to connect to xlink kai on my pc but not download updates and covers etc. from the internet?
Any ideas?
Thanks
Craig

Gokou282

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(itoktoeatfish @ Dec 16 2010, 05:32 PM) View Post

Sounds like you dont have the newest build. Double check to make sure you have RC1.2.

Please check my post, FTP options do not appear if you have not signed in with your profile

thanks!

G

itoktoeatfish

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(tommyvice @ Dec 16 2010, 07:27 PM) View Post

got it, for some weird reason if you are using dashlaunch and boot directly into FSD2, those options don't appear, you have to go to NXE, log out, log in with another profile then launch FSD2 and now the options appear, I think that with dauslaunch FSD2 thinks there is no profiles signed in so those optiond don't appear.

I use dashlaunch to boot straight to fsd2 with no problems like that.

rory2005

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2010, 11:26:00 AM »

ta for the info master rowen and im gratefull for yours and the teams effort you put in.

as for bugs the only major one i keep getting is the title updates are not automatically getting them and when checking manually the dash keeps periodically freezing solid untill powered off and back on, using 512 jasper on latest kinect build.

MaesterRowen

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(tommyvice @ Dec 16 2010, 10:27 AM) View Post

For some reason those options are not available for me, they don't show up under the settings pannel.

EDIT: got it, for some weird reason if you are using dashlaunch and boot directly into FSD2, those options don't appear, you have to go to NXE, log out, log in with another profile then launch FSD2 and now the options appear, I think that with dauslaunch FSD2 thinks there is no profiles signed in so those optiond don't appear.

did you extract and delete the default.xzp?  or did you install additional skins?  

each profile is linked to a skin file- so each person can customize that-

the only thing i can think of that is going wrong is, you applied a new skin and asaved it to your profile- and when you updated, its still loading the old skin, until you log into a profile where the default skin is saved

your problem is very clearly that you have the wrong skin running, just how and why its running is what i need to figure out.

thanks.

Vash3k

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(mku @ Dec 16 2010, 06:28 AM) View Post

Guys, can anyone tell me how title updates work? When I load a game they never seem to include any updates.

For Assassins Creed 2 I press Y on the game to go into options, manage title updates and I see the updates listed there. They are set to active but when I load the game it says a newer version is required for some of the content. It worked fine before when I downloaded the update myself and put it in the Cache folder but not now through Freestyle Dash.

Yeah, I'm experiencing the same thing. Can't get updates to apply through FSD's service.

In other news, I'm in love with the http server.

tommyvice

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(MaesterRowen @ Dec 16 2010, 08:36 PM) View Post

did you extract and delete the default.xzp?  or did you install additional skins?  

the only thing i can think of that is going wrong is, you applied a new skin and asaved it to your profile- and when you updated, its still loading the old skin, until you log into a profile where the default skin is saved

your problem is very clearly that you have the wrong skin running, just how and why its running is what i need to figure out.

thanks.

That is exactly what happened, I got a skin from spiffy360.com the "kinect one" when I was on 1865, then updated to 1927 with the skin on place.

Gokou282

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »

Yes me too, I had a customised skin on, then I autoupdated

I've now removed the custom skin and everythng seems to be ok.

I guess these old skins are incompatible with RC1.2

seaweavil

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2010, 07:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Vash3k @ Dec 16 2010, 01:38 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm experiencing the same thing. Can't get updates to apply through FSD's service.

In other news, I'm in love with the http server.

'
So you are able to download the updates though? Just not apply them? I can't even download them, I click on the button and it says downloading but nothing ever shows up. I was able to in the last revision of the dash but not this one

soulwarrior

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »

One suggestion I'd like to make to teamfsd is that if possible when logging in to xlink causes fsd to freeze, make it restart fsd and/or ask you to restart just like when other things cause it to crash. Currently it just freezes and the only way around it is to either connect to the httd server and use the restart fsd command and/or restarting your 360. I love fsd, but it would be super awesome if the xlink integration was a little less buggy.

f0xrolder

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »

I get the same thing when connecting to xlink kai it just freezes and a restart of the console is needed, Another thing thats buggy is ftp'ing. I use windows 7 and explorer to connect to the console whilst in dash. Now I can ftp as far as the log in window, but once logged in, thats as far as it goes.

Can't advance any further through any of the drives or folders. If i click hddx, hdd1 usb1 etc.. i get error 500 unauthorized something something cant remember exactly off top of my head. Are many others getting this?

Used TUDifier 2.0 to get the title updates and would just copy and paste them usually, now as anoying as it is have to manually cut and past via usb. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Is it possible for xlink kai to load the game and connect to a server directly or do we have to maually control what servers (clouds like xbslink) through the pc, and then load the game and connect through local syslink in multiplayer in game?

Vash3k

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(seaweavil @ Dec 16 2010, 06:45 PM) View Post

'
So you are able to download the updates though? Just not apply them? I can't even download them, I click on the button and it says downloading but nothing ever shows up. I was able to in the last revision of the dash but not this one

So what happens for me is I can boot up and download updates for ONE game. If I try any others, I get what you are experiencing; nothing happens. I have to reboot before I can download another update properly. This is how it has been acting for me in RC 1.1 and 1.2. Maybe our issues are related.

MinerWilly

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(MaesterRowen @ Dec 16 2010, 09:36 PM) View Post

thanks.

I don't know if it has anything to do with this but for some reason i couldn't delete the old default.xzp. Not through FTP and not through the Freestyle filebrowser. I ended up connecting the hdd to the pc and delete it through Xplorer360!

My problem with the new build is that it hangs for a couple of minutes before starting. On a black screen if rebooting the console and on the intro animation if booting from cold. Like a previous poster pointed out the FTP still works to the console!

energyshawn

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »

I am having an issue with game linking with rc1.2 - First time I set the path after a clean install everything works fine. But when I restart either all the games are gone or there are 4 of each game showing. Once I delete the directory and try to load them again the games just dont show up. I have to delete FSD and reinstall to get it to work at every reboot. Any ideas?

My path is my usb drive at USB0:\games\
I have scanning depth set to 2

The games worked fine with RC1.1, sometimes they showed up multiple times as well but all I had to do was delete the directory and put it in again and it worked fine again.

I appreciate any advice or help on this. THanks!

jhoff80

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »

Anyone figure out how to get title updates to apply yet?

They download fine to the Data folder, but it's not putting them in cache like they need to be.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4