xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Booting Directly To Freestyle Dash Without M$ Hdd  (Read 124 times)

Br0k3R

• Archived User
Booting Directly To Freestyle Dash Without M$ Hdd
« on: August 23, 2010, 03:59:00 AM »

Hi!

I've got a problem with my xbox 360 jtagged - the dirty disc error, i use USB hdd. I've read that i should use usbhddalive plugin but i have to upgrade my XBR to freeboot, so i've used "freeBOOT_ToolBox_Maker24r3" and flashed it to my console. everything works perfectly, i assume that i don't have to patch my freeboot to DashLaunch as "freeBOOT_ToolBox_Maker24r3" should do it for me, right?

Is there any way to boot directly to Freestyle Dash and use plugins (USB hdd alive) without having internal HDD? I've sold mine m$ hdd and the USB hdd is fat32 and i use it also form my ps3, so i can't connect it to xbox directly.

bidrug

• Archived User
Booting Directly To Freestyle Dash Without M$ Hdd
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(system_over_ride2006 @ Aug 23 2010, 06:52 AM) View Post

Get your hands on dash launch v1.0 and edit the launch.ini file to your needs and run the flash installer. example: Default = LUsb0:\Freestyle\FreestyleDash.xex Then power off then back on and your all good to go. Good Luck.

you don't need too, as bestpig app already includes dashlaunch, just flash launch.xex to nand, manage your launch.ini from usb/hdd (in that order runs the stuff).

For the hddkeepalive or whichever it's name is, load the plugin in both hdd/usb.

And read a bit more.